Welcome to the Roger Williams University rCloud Computing Site
Aligning with the RWU Goal of Affordable Excellence
Accessibility - Flexibility – Connectivity
What is rCloud?
Cloud computing is a strategy to provide collaboration, storage and access to applications from a centralized server. rCloud allows for virtual desktops so students can log in to the server from their own computer 24/7 and pull down a desktop that is customized to their needs and start working. No need to go to a lab computer to work!
Some of the benefits of this approach include:
- Access to the software you need 24/7 right from your own computer or even a mobile device
- Every space becomes a collaborative learning/work space
- Consistent desktop environment regardless of local hardware/software – everyone has the same applications in the same versions
- Easier backup and recovery of full desktops and personalized settings
- Ability to stream to peripherals on the network such as printers, copiers, scanners etc.