All new students at RWU receive an experienced and trained Peer Mentor who will be a friendly support system to assist in the transition from high school to college life. Peer Mentors check in with mentees frequently throughout a student’s entire first academic year to provide helpful guidance and insights. A Peer Mentor can help students in the following ways:
- Inform students of helpful resources
- Help students identify tailored strategies for success
- Work with students who are struggling academically, socially and in their personal lives, to set goals and resolve issues
- Build strong supportive relationships with students and be counted on as a dependable and approachable person to go to for assistance
Apply to be a Peer Mentor
If you are a current RWU student who would like to get involved as a student leader at Roger Williams University, consider becoming a Peer Mentor! Peer Mentors work as a team to ensure the academic success of every Roger Williams student. Benefits include leadership development, experience mentoring first year students, the opportunity to facilitate the intro to college program we call the RWU Experience and establishing professional relationships with faculty and staff.
In order to apply, you must meet the following requirements:
- Have at least sophomore status when you begin working
- Thorough knowledge of campus resources and departments
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Two recommendations from either a teacher or employer
For further information on becoming a Peer Mentor, please contact the office at (401) 254-3390 or email: email@example.com.