Every college campus has food, but not every college campus has Bon Appétit. According to a student satisfaction survey, our food is in the top 5% in the country–AGAIN! Make sure to visit our Café Bon Appetit page for events, catering orders, our full menu, wellness information, and more!
Like or don’t like something? Leave a note in the Upper Commons and our executive chef will get back to you. No time to sit down for a full meal? You can still eat on the move with grab-and-go locations across campus. Have a dietary restriction? A vegetarian? Need something gluten free? We’ve got you covered.
Bon Appétit makes sure there is something for everyone—including special dinners for Ramadan, Christmas, Thanksgiving and Chinese New Year. Not only is the food great (and healthy), it’s local!
Bon Appétit is committed to using local and sustainable ingredients whenever possible and sponsors the Eat Local Challenge and Low Carbon Diet Day each year. In addition, all carry-out containers are compostable!
Food and where to find it:
- The Upper Commons is the University’s main dining hall serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. It’s all you care to eat, and the choices seem endless—from stir-fry and French fries to a huge fresh salad bar and calzones.
- The Lower Commons is located right below the Upper Commons and has everything from grab-and-go salads and sandwiches to sushi and our very own Hawk's Deli.
- The Law School Bistro serves up different breakfast, lunch and dinner specials each day including homemade soup, grab-and-go sandwiches, fresh wraps and even tuna melts. You don’t even have to know what a tort is…no, it’s not a dessert.
- The Hawk’s Nest is located in the Rec Center and serves up Seattle’s Best coffee and fresh pastries and bagels in addition to fruit smoothies, grab-and-go selections and even a late night menu with nachos and wings.
- The Global Café serves Starbucks coffee and specializes in espresso drinks, but also grab-and-go options and breakfast sandwiches.
- The Dining Hall at Baypoint is the main destination for students who live in Baypoint or who are seeking an all you care to eat dining hall in a more intimate setting.
- The Convenience Store in North Residence Hall has whatever you need, including a Dunkin Donuts.
- The Core Express is located in CAS and also has grab-and-go options and coffee.
Dinner variety for a week in November in the Upper Commons:Click to Open
Roast Turkey, Cranberry Pesto & Smoked Cheddar
Corn beef, Swiss & Slaw
Roasted Beets, Goat Cheese & Arugula
Fried Clam Roll
Grilled Chicken Avocado & Tomato on a Wheat Bulky
Linguine w/ White Clam Sauce & Mussels
Bowtie Pasta w/ Roasted Peppers, Basil & Olive Oil
Penne w/ Italian Sausage & Marinara
Three Cheese Ravioli w/ Butternut Squash Cream
Tomato & Rice
Potato & Leek
Black Bean & Pumpkin
Apple & Butternut Squash Soup
Cream of Cauliflower
BBQ Chicken Quarters
Southern Fried Tilapia
Spicy Kale & Beans with Couscous
Sugar Snap Peas & Fresh Mushrooms
Sauteed Moroccan Style Mussels
Vegetable & Black Bean Tacos
Roasted Mixed Vegetables
Braised Lebanese Eggplant with Chickpeas
Pear & Goat Cheese Stuffed Chicken
Grilled Flank Steak w/ Mushroom Gravy
Sweet Potato Frittata
Polenta-Greens Cake with Black Eyed Pea Salsa
Spicy Thai Chicken
Chicken & Brown Rice
Rhode Island Chowder