Every college campus has food, but not every college campus has Bon Appétit. According to a student satisfaction survey, our food is in the top 5% in the country–AGAIN! Make sure to visit our Café Bon Appétit page for events, catering orders, our full menu, wellness information, and more!
Like or don’t like something? Leave a note in the Upper Commons and our executive chef will get back to you. No time to sit down for a full meal? You can still eat on the move with grab-and-go locations across campus. Have a dietary restriction? A vegetarian? Need something gluten free? We’ve got you covered.
Bon Appétit makes sure there is something for everyone—including special dinners for Ramadan, Christmas, Thanksgiving and Chinese New Year. Not only is the food great (and healthy), it’s local!
Bon Appétit is committed to using local and sustainable ingredients whenever possible and sponsors the Eat Local Challenge and Low Carbon Diet Day each year. In addition, all carry-out containers are compostable!
Food and where to find it:
- The Upper Commons is the University’s main dining hall serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Choices seem endless at this all-you-care-to-eat café — from made-to-order stir-fry, fresh salads, comforting entrée’s, to tempting pizza, pasta, and grill favorites. The Upper Commons also has a dedicated made-without-gluten station and made-without-gluten options at all stations.
- The Lower Commons is located right below the Upper Commons and has everything from GO meals to sushi, pizza, grill, a salad bar, and made-to-order sandwiches – fire grilled or cold!
- The Law School Café is a taqueria-inspired café serving breakfast and lunch along with GO meals, soup, and sushi.
- The Hawk’s Nest is located in the Recreation Center and serves coffee, fresh pastries, and bagels in addition to fruit smoothies and GO meals.
- Global Café serves Starbucks coffee and specializes in espresso drinks, but also GO meals, grilled sandwiches, and breakfast sandwiches.
- Baypoint Café is the main destination for students who live in Baypoint or who are seeking an all-you-care-to-eat dining in a more intimate setting.
- The Convenience Store in North Residence Hall is your go-to for essentials, including coffee, grocery items, refrigerated and frozen options, snacks, and health and beauty products.
- Café Express is located in the College of Arts & Sciences and has GO meals, house-made soups, and coffee. Perfect for on- the- go students!
Roast Turkey, Cranberry Pesto & Smoked Cheddar
Corn beef, Swiss & Slaw
Roasted Beets, Goat Cheese & Arugula
Fried Clam Roll
Grilled Chicken Avocado & Tomato on a Wheat Bulky
Linguine w/ White Clam Sauce & Mussels
Bowtie Pasta w/ Roasted Peppers, Basil & Olive Oil
Penne w/ Italian Sausage & Marinara
Three Cheese Ravioli w/ Butternut Squash Cream
Tomato & Rice
Potato & Leek
Black Bean & Pumpkin
Apple & Butternut Squash Soup
Cream of Cauliflower
BBQ Chicken Quarters
Southern Fried Tilapia
Spicy Kale & Beans with Couscous
Sugar Snap Peas & Fresh Mushrooms
Sauteed Moroccan Style Mussels
Vegetable & Black Bean Tacos
Roasted Mixed Vegetables
Braised Lebanese Eggplant with Chickpeas
Pear & Goat Cheese Stuffed Chicken
Grilled Flank Steak w/ Mushroom Gravy
Sweet Potato Frittata
Polenta-Greens Cake with Black Eyed Pea Salsa
Spicy Thai Chicken
Chicken & Brown Rice
Rhode Island Chowder