Commuter & Off-Campus Living
At Roger Williams University, we value all of our students and want them to to be involved, whether they live on campus, in non-university housing, or commute. We want RWU to be a place where all students are welcome and find the resources they need.
Transportation & Parking
Find all the information you need on transportation including information on public bus transportation, Zipcars, university shuttle service, parking passes, and electronic vehicle charging stations located on campus.
Academic & Student Life Resources
Find the information you need on some of the resources available to you as an RWU student including information on health insurance, important dates on the academic calendar, meal plans, and commuter lockers.
Policies & Rules
Find the information you need on rules and policies that come with living off campus in non-university housing, including RWU's Good Neighbor Policy and Rhode Island Social Host Law.
Connecting as a Commuter
At Roger Williams University, we want all of our students to be involved. Whether they live on-campus or commute to it.
At RWU, there are events on campus every single day -- from scholarly lectures and author readings to sporting events, movies, and concerts.
Campus Space Supporting Commuters
During the Spring 2021 Semester, we would like to share space for those students need a place for a remote class before or after an in person course. Please note that a space capacity exists in each space.
• Library – first and second floors
• Commuter Lounge – located on garden level of Stonewall Terrace Building 4
• Baypoint Conference Center Newport Rom – entrance by side door on right (facing front of building)
• Rec Center Conference Center Conference Room, located on the second floor past the Gym and Pool: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
• GHH Atrium
• GHH second floor
• GHH small conference rooms
• Library Instructional Lab – third floor
• Sailing Center – Mondays all day; Tuesday through Friday 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
• Student Senate Chambers – in the Recreation Center by the Radio Station: 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
• SECCM – first floor lobby
• SECCM Lab Building – first and second floor lobbies
Caroline Tyler (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions about commuter life!