At RWU, Web Development majors don’t just design, develop and deploy state-of-the-art websites. They work on multi-disciplinary teams to solve problems for real-world clients. In the Web Development Center, you'll meet your first three clients in your sophomore year. As you begin to work with real clients, you'll quickly discover that web development isn't just about technology. On the Web, "content is king." So we encourage you to reinforce your web development education by picking up a second major or a couple of minors in fields like Marketing, Graphic Design, User Experience (UX), Journalism, Communication, Public Relations, Writing, Visual Arts, Cybersecurity and Business. In four short years, you'll graduate ready to meet the growing demand for web developers.
To read more about our academic offerings, or to view full course descriptions, please refer to our University Catalog.
Technical EntrepreneurWillhem Delventhal, RWU Class of 2015
In selecting a university that would help him get to Silicon Valley, Delventhal chose RWU.Read full story
- You will be able to effectively apply the technologies used to create 80% of professional websites.
- You will be able to work with a client to help clarify the goal and objectives for their digital presence.
- You will be able to create and select content and design-elements that deliver a clear message that reflects the client’s goal.
- You will be able to identify and apply technology that will effectively convey the client’s message on a spectrum of digital devices, while ensuring that it facilitates the client's ability to update the site and keep it “fresh.”
- You will be able to employ and interpret analytics to determine where your audience is engaging, and where they aren’t.
- You will be able to create websites and other digital products in an ethically responsible manner that does not disadvantage those with disabilities, those with older or inexpensive technology, or those with slower networks.
- You will be able to function effectively as a member or leader of a multidisciplinary team.
Juris Doctor/Bachelor's 3+3 Accelerated Program (J.D.)
Earn your bachelor’s and juris doctor degrees in six years through RWU’s Three-Plus-Three Law program. You’ll get a jump-start on your J.D. by integrating law courses into your undergraduate studies and completing undergraduate requirements in your first year of law school. Accepted students will take first-year courses in the School of Law along with legal electives to fulfill undergraduate fourth-year requirements. Interested students must indicate their intent to pursue a 3+3 pathway early in their undergraduate studies for curriculum planning and advising.