Appealing A Violation for Students
The Student Senate adjudicates parking appeals. Should a student wish to appeal a parking ticket, the student must complete a Parking Appeals Application. All appeals should be completed and electronically sent via the Hawklinks/Student Senate website. Appeal must be submitted with explanation and copy of the parking citation attached by 5:00 pm on or before the fourteenth (14th) day after the ticket was issued.
If the appeal is for a ticket received by a guest, the student whom the guest was visiting must file the appeal. Appeals filed by guests will be denied without being heard. Revocation of parking privileges is not subject to appeal, only individual tickets. The following procedures are to be followed when submitting an appeal:
- Parking Appeal Form (Section I) - the sheet that contains all the questions about the appeal (name, date, make model and year of vehicle, etc.). This form may be obtained at the Student Senate Office. This form should be printed neatly or typed.
- Explanation (section II) - the detailed explanation of the circumstances appellant, surrounding the ticket. This must be typewritten and attached to the Parking Appeals Form and should be limited to one page.
- Map - will be provided with the Parking Appeal Form. The student appealing the ticket should clearly mark where they was parked at the time the ticket was issued.
- Parking/Appeal Application - the Parking Appeal Form, Explanation, and Map constitute the Parking/Appeal Application.
- File/Received - in the Student Affairs Committee mailbox in the Senate Office by 5:00 pm on or before the fourteenth (14th) day after the ticket was issued.
- Appeals must be filed/received no later than 2 weeks (14 days) after the date the ticket was issued. No late appeals will be accepted. There are no exceptions. The two-week time period runs only while classes are in session for the Fall and Spring terms.
- Parking Appeals Forms (Section I) can be obtained by using the link above. The appeal form must be fully legible.
- All parking appeal Explanations (Section II) must be typed, should be limited to one page. Hand written or printed explanations will be denied without being heard.
- All appeals must be complete. Incomplete appeal applications will not be considered. A complete application consists of:
- Completed Parking Appeal Form (Section I) neatly printed or typed.
- Type written, detailed Explanation (Section II) of the appeal not to exceed one page in length.
- Map of the RWU parking lots, clearly marked by the appellant with the approximate location of the vehicle at the time the ticket was issued.
- All valid Parking/Appeal Applications will be read, discussed, and voted on by the Parking Appeals Committee within two weeks from the date received. Appeals filed two weeks before finals or during the Winter/Summer sessions will be held until the Parking Appeals Committee reconvenes at the start of the next semester.
- All decisions will be emailed to the appellant at the address given on the appeal form.
- All decisions of the Parking Appeals Committee are final. There are no exceptions. Decisions cannot be appealed nor can the same ticket be re-appealed.