Theatre at RWU is an intensive program that blends classroom, backstage and performance experience to give our students a well-rounded general mastery of all areas of the theatre arts. Through specialization options in acting, design and production and a semester-long London Theatre Program, you’ll learn the practical and professional skills needed to pursue careers in film, television, live theatre, education and business.
To read more about our academic offerings, or to view full course descriptions, please refer to our University Catalog.
Student who complete the major will be able to:
1. Demonstrate a general mastery of all areas of the theatre arts with an appreciation of the place of theatre in our world.
2. Examine historical, global, and diverse perspectives of the cultures of the world and articulate ethical questions about theatre’s place in those cultures.
3. Cultivate necessary professional and life skills, such as communication, collaboration, self-discipline, self-discovery, self-reliance, creative problem resolution, and critical thinking all aimed toward a heightened consciousness and appreciation of the human condition.
4. Develop research, analytical, organizational, and communication skills that are fundamental to the theatre as well as to a wide variety of business and creative pursuits.
5. Engage in transformative and experiential learning practices in order to gain an awareness of contemporary theatrical developments and challenges.