New Transcript Ordering Process
Roger Williams University has partnered with Parchment Exchange to deliver a more efficient online ordering service. This process offers the expediency of online credit card payment. Email notifications will be sent throughout each step of the process as orders are fulfilled.
You can send official transcripts to your recipients via email and receive email updates on your order which you can track online. Additionally, you can attach documents with your transcript during the ordering process. This process meets compliancy with all published guidelines of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), which protects students' privacy rights in their education records.
Things to remember before placing an order
- The transcript is a record of all academic courses attempted at the University, it is not possible to isolate or omit individual courses or semesters.
- Students who are anticipating a change of grade prior to submitting a transcript request are urged to confirm the grade has been changed via rogercentral.rwu.edu. No refunds will be administered if the anticipated grade has not been submitted by the time the professor at the time the request is made.
- Law students must contact the Office of Student Finance and Records directly within the School of Law to request their transcripts. For more information, visit https://law.rwu.edu/student-experience/student-finance-and-records
- Be sure to use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox when accessing Parchment.
- Verify that pop-up blockers are turned off.
- Confirm the recipient e-mail address prior to submitting a request. Incorrect information will delay the fulfillment of the request.
Types of Transcripts
Current RWU students can order Electronic Transcripts (eTranscripts) and Official Paper Transcripts at this link:
- eTranscripts: Fulfilled at low cost of $7.50. Choosing a paperless eTranscripts is an efficient way to request and send your transcript using a secure method to provide your academic history. This service is available to students enrolled subsequent toFall 1995and allows you to supply the recipient’s email and have your official transcript sent as a secure electronic document. eTranscripts reduce processing time, mailing delays, and delivery concerns. Request will be fulfilled immediately provided no holds exist.
- Official Paper Transcripts: Students enrolled prior to 1995 mustorder paper transcripts and will be fulfilled within 5 Business days from receipt of the order. Please allow another 5 to 7 days for mail delivery through USPS first class mail
- Unofficial: Students can access their unofficial transcript at rogercentral.rwu.edu for personal use; the document is neither signed by the registrar nor imprinted with the University’s logo or seal.
To access unofficial transcript on Roger Central:
- Log into rogercentral.rwu.edu
- Under Advising Overview, look for the Unofficial Transcript Tab
- Click on the link for the corresponding transcript
**Former RWU students who no longer have access to their Roger Central account are directed to request an official transcript through the Parchment Exchange:
Recipient Log-in Information
- The recipient will receive the login and password needed to open the transcript in two separate emails. The first will include a link and username. The second will include a unique password. Click the link provided to you in the first email.
- The login and password will be always required to open the transcript document. If the login information is lost, recipients must contact Parchment directly to obtain the login information.
- Enter your email address and the password provided then download the electronic PDF transcript. Transcripts can only be viewed for 30 days from of receipt of the transcript notification.
- Ensure that pop-up blockers are turned off and that you are using Adobe Reader to view the PDF
There is a $7.50 fee for each transcript
Standard USPS -$2.50
USPS- International Delivery-$12.50
Fed Ex Delivery: Domestic- $32.50
Fed Ex International Priority- $55.00
*Note: Overnight orders must be entered through Parchment Exchange by 12:00PM EST (Eastern Standard Time) in order to be processed same-day. Those orders not completed by 12:00PM will be processed on the next business day and therefore impact overnight delivery. Overnight delivery option does not include Saturday delivery. Allow 24-48 hours for the tracking number to appear on the transcript order on the Parchment site.
If a student has a hold on their account, a message will be generated at the time of the request and the student will receive an email notification regarding the hold. The transcript request will not be processed until the hold has been resolved. If holds are not resolved within 30 days, the order will be cancelled and a new order would need to be resubmitted. The account is not charged until the order is fulfilled. It is the responsibly of the student to resolve all holds prior to the release of a transcript.
To resolve Bursar Holds, contact the Bursar Office at 401.254.3520 or email@example.com
For all other holds, contact the Office of the Registrar at 401-254-3510 or firstname.lastname@example.org
What is an eTranscript?
A certified PDF of the official transcript with built-in security features such as technology which will confirm the validity when opened. Recipients of the official electronic transcript receive an email with instructions on how to retrieve the document from a secure web site. Official eTranscripts can be sent to any valid email address. An eTranscript is official only when a blue ribbon appears at the top of the navigation page, the seal of the Roger Williams University appears, and the signature of the University Registrar appears.
Are e-transcripts accepted by all institutions?
No. Electronic transcript delivery is becoming progressively common and dependent on the institution. Prior to requesting an e-transcript, verify that the recipient will accept an electronic transcript.
The official transcript displays a blue ribbon on the notification bar across the top of the Adobe Reader. The blue ribbon symbol is your assurance that the digital signature is valid, authentic, and the contents of the document have not been changed or altered. Older versions of the Adobe reader may display the blue ribbon as a pop-up screen and in the lower left corner of the frame of the application.
If the blue ribbon indicates that the document is invalid, then the document should be rejected. The invalid status could be due to an inauthentic digital signature or an alteration to the document. In all cases, reject a document that is invalid. Additionally, if the blue ribbon indicates that the validity of the document is unknown, make sure the computer has an active internet connection. If there is a properly working internet connection and the digital signature cannot be validated, reject the document.
How will I be updated on the status of my request?
You will receive a welcome email, an email containing a confirmation of your order, any status updates as the order is processed, if a hold is present on the student record, and when the transcript is delivered/available. Requestors can also check the status of their requests directly through the Parchment website.
How will the recipient know that a transcript has been sent?
Recipients will be notified via email that an eTranscript is available for download. A second email containing a passcode will be generated allowing access to the transcript. The transcript is good for 3 downloads or 30 days.
Can eTranscripts be forwarded to someone else?
Transcript are not considered official once forwarded.
What if the eTranscript is never received by the Addressee?
Verify the email address that you provided and request the addressee to check their Spam or Junk Mail folder. Additional fees may apply if transcript has to be resent.
Can I request an official transcript via phone or in person?
Unfortunately, all requests Office of the Registrar and complete their request in person using the computer terminal at the Registrar’s office counter. Students who no longer have access to the student portal are directed to the online request form by going to the Parchment website. The Registrar’s Office cannot fax or email transcripts.
How can I verify that final semester grades or degree are posted and reflected on my transcript?
There will be messaging on the Parchment site directing students to the earliest available order time to ensure final grades will be reflected on the transcript
Who do I contact if I have any questions on my transcript?
You will contact the Registrar Office at 401.254.3510 or email@example.com