Welcome New Hawks!
You've just made a big decision and we are so excited to welcome you to campus this fall! This site is your resource for your next steps and important deadlines listed in sequential order to help you complete each task at just the right time as you prepare for arrival. We will send you monthly email reminders to keep you up to date on what you've yet to complete.
As you progress through these next steps, stay connected and feel free to reach out to the Office of Undergraduate Admission (firstname.lastname@example.org or 401-254-3500) anytime!
- Login to Roger Central (student portal) and RWU Google (student email) accounts
- Register for orientation
- Take your academic placement tests
- Complete your new student housing application (if you are living on campus). Opens on May 4th.
- Update your emergency/personal contact information
- If applicable, submit any college transcripts for credit
evaluation (first year students)
- Submit final spring semester grades to update your transfer
credit evaluation (transfer students)
June is an exciting month. We are hosting four June orientations, and are excited to reconnect with many of you during these events. Here are a few other steps to take this month.
- Attend orientation (if registered for June)
- Waive or accept university-provided health insurance - Due July 1st
- Login to Student Account Center, review your fall semester bill and finalize your payment options - Due July 1st
- Submit your Advanced Placement (AP) or International Baccalaureate (IB) scores (if applicable) - Due August 1st
- Complete your health and immunization forms - Due July 1st
July is a great month to sit back, relax and enjoy the summer. Hit the beach or the pool which provides a great opportunity to read the first year common reading that you will receive at orientation.
- Reminder - Fall semester bill is due July 1
- Begin to read the Common Reading
- Submit your official, final high school transcript and test scores (first year students) - Due August 1st
August is the month when it all happens! At the end of the month you'll be meeting your classmates, meeting your peer mentor, moving in to your new residence hall, going to convocation and starting your college career. It's time to pack your bags, and button up a few final to-dos before move-in weekend.
- View your housing assignment and roommate information - Available August 7th
- Finalize your financial aid - Due August 1st
- Complete the RWU Hawks Online Training (3 Courses)
- Start packing your bags!
- Attend orientation (international students and applicable out-of-region students)
- Get your parking pass (commuter students only)
- Arrive on campus!
- Attend Fall Orientation
Helpful Campus Contacts
|Academic placement tests|
Contact your counselor
|Academic planning, placement tests, peer mentorship, and first year transition|
Sports and recreation
Billing and payments
|Commuter Life, Resources, Transportation & Parking Info|
Aid and loan questions
Health insurance and immunization forms
|Technology questions and support|
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Student & family orientation, campus involvement
Transcripts and transfer credit
Housing assignments and Living Learning Communities
Support for students with disabilities
Peer and faculty tutoring
Math, Writing, and Science Center