Cash Operations Attendant
The Retail Operation Attendant is responsible for providing cash operation services and completing various support tasks during the assigned shift.
- Interacts professionally with other employees, customers, and suppliers.
- Performs quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Works effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Works independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
- Cleans work areas, equipment and utensils, distributes supplies, utensils, and portable equipment.
- Keeps cashier area clean, utilizing proper cleaning products and adhering to established sanitation standards.
- Keeps customer tables, chairs, and counters clean and neat.
- Interacts with co-workers to ensure compliance with company service standards, and inventory and cash control procedures.
- Stocks all customer supplies per direction of supervisor on duty.
- Stocks, prepares, cooks, and serves all menu/food related items in unit assigned.
- Washes, peels, cuts, and seeds vegetables and fruits.
- Follows all cash handling standards.
Set up and Preparation
- Carries pans, kettles, and trays of food to and from workstations, stove, and refrigerator.
- Inventories supplies daily and requisitions items as needed to meet par levels.
- Performs any additional duties that may be requested by the supervisor or management in charge. Stocks all customer supplies per direction of supervisor on duty. Keeps customer tables, chairs, counters, clean and neat. Adheres to posted weekly schedule.
- Respects and maintain confidentiality, parameters of operation, professional protocols, and individual privacy. Confidentiality extends to all matters involving the University, its agents or employees and must use professional judgment in disseminating information as part executing specific job responsibilities.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to interact with diverse and high volume customer base in a friendly and efficient manner.
- Ability to use the time clock system properly, and record worked hours for processing.
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10s and 100s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Ability to answer basic questions regarding unit operations and direct other questions to appropriate parties.
- Possess the ability to meet Bon Appétit unit specific uniform standards for this position.
- Utilize all Personal Protective Equipment’s per Bon Appétit guidelines.
- Wear a cut resistant glove whenever using a sharp or potentially sharp tool or instrument.
*Students are prohibited from driving during work-study employment with the limited exception of authorized work-study driver positions.