As a Biochemistry major, you’ll delve into the science at the intersection of biology and chemistry: the biological applications of chemistry and the chemical processes necessary for biological life to exist. Through RWU’s rigorous coursework in subjects such as bioinformation, neurobiology and biotechnology combined with research and internships, you’ll be well prepared for graduate study and your future career.
To read more about our academic offerings, or to view full course descriptions, please refer to our University Catalog.
- Pfizer, Inc.
- The Audubon Society
- Woods Hole Oceanographic Institute
- New England Aquarium
- Mystic Aquarium
- Save the Bay
- Molecular Evolution of Myelin Basic Protein
- Developmental Regulation of Zebrafish Heart Rate
- Ornamental Fish Culture
- Biotechnology Projects
- Characterization of Viruses in Mt. Hope Bay
- Soil Ecology
- American Health Care
- Bioran Medical Laboratories
- Cyro Industries
- School Districts (various)
- Rhode Island Department of Health
- Brown University
- Dartmouth College
- Harvard University
- Tufts University Dental School
- University of Chicago
- University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine
- University of Pennsylvania Veterinary School
- Worcester Polytechnic Institute
RISE STEM Scholarship at RWU
RWU offers a scholarship opportunity for students interested in majoring in math, sciences, engineering, computer science or forensic science. Learn about the National Science Foundation RISE Scholars program, which recognizes, supports and empowers a group of academically talented students with financial need as they prepare to enter Research and Industry in Science and Engineering (RISE).
Learn About Health Professions Advising
Are you interested in a career in the health professions and want more information on developing your studies toward professional preparation? Visit Health Professions Advising for resources on how you can explore your options for health professions pathways.