Student Health Information
To provide a safe and healthy academic community, RWU complies with Rhode Island health regulations on immunizations and requires proof of health insurance of all full-time, campus-based students. Students may also elect to purchase Health Services access. Please review the information below.
Required Health Forms
All full-time, in-class graduate students are required to submit the RWU Immunization Form and Tuberculosis (TB) Risk Screening Questionnaire prior to enrollment. Students should plan to have these forms completed by July 1st for the fall semester. Forms will be available in mid-May for students enrolling in the fall semester.
- Access the Health Portal to complete your forms. Please note that forms may not be available for you to complete on the portal until 48 hours after you register for courses.
- Enter your vaccination dates on the Immunizations tab.
- Upload completed and signed documents on the upload tab including:
- Emergency Contact and Consent form
- Immunization Record (you can use records from your health care provider or have health care provider complete the RWU immunization record)
- TB screening form
All full-time, in-class graduate students are required to be covered by a health insurance plan.
Health Services Access
Graduate students who wish to utilize Health Services on campus may opt-in at a cost of $200 per semester. The Health Services office is located on the Main Campus in Bristol and provides support for students needing acute care, but is not a substitute for a primary care physician. Services are limited and graduate students are encouraged to utilize primary care or urgent care facilities.
If you plan to utilize Health Services on campus, please complete the required health history and physical exam forms in the Health Services Patient Portal.