Advisement & Registration
You're almost ready to register for classes! However, before you do this, you'll need to contact the Program Director in your particular graduate program for advisement on course selection. In order to ensure that all new graduate students register for appropriate courses, we require that you do this prior to registering for your first graduate courses. Please use the Graduate Program Director List below to find contact information for your Program Director and set up a time to meet regarding advisement. Please keep in mind that some graduate Program Directors prefer that new graduate students in their respective programs register for courses at Orientation (held in late August for Fall term only). Please check with your Program Director for the most appropriate time to register.
After you have contacted your Program Director and have been advised on which course(s) to register for, you can register for them in one of the three ways below:
- RWU Student Portal - Online Registration (Preferred Method)
1. Visit the RWU Student Portal (portal.rwu.edu for future reference) and log in using the credentials from the email you received (be sure to include "@academics.rwu" after your username when logging in.
2. Click on the Students tab near the top
3. Select Academic Registration from the menu on the left
4. Select Search for Available Classes from the menu on the left
5. Read and accept the Financial Agreement
6. Complete the Registration Form with at least 3 pieces of information (Note: Under “Course Level,” select "UG/GR/LS")
7. If your course is closed, please contact your Program Director for help with choosing another appropriate course
(Complete instructions on how to register online can also be found here)
- Visit the Office of the Registrar
Alternatively, you can visit the Office of the Registrar in the lower level of the Administration Building on the Bristol campus. Once there, you will complete a “Drop/Add” form and submit it to the official at the counter. You can find the Administration building by viewing the Campus Map.
- Ask Your Program Director for Help with Registration
In some cases – especially if you are registering late or are having trouble registering online, it may be more appropriate to ask your Program Director for help (Graduate Program Director List).
How Do I Access My Online Courses?
Once you've registered for your course(s), it takes up to 2 days for you to be added to your course(s) in Bridges, our online course management system. All fully online courses at RWU will be taught in Bridges. Faculty who teach directed seminars or traditional on-campus courses also have the option of using Bridges to supplement their courses. It is best to check Bridges at http://bridges.rwu.edu and click on the My Sites tab to access your course(s) by term to determine if your faculty member is using this system. Also be aware that faculty can choose when to make their courses available to students. If they are still working on their courses you may not see them listed when you log in. When in doubt you can send your instructor an e-mail to inquire when the course will be available to you. When you are granted access, you can access your course(s) by clicking on the link below. This link is always available by browsing to the main RWU website and clicking on "Current Students".
Be sure to check your Bridges access as soon as possible. If you cannot access your cours(s) after 2 days, contact the Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or (401) 254-5200.