Academic Referrals

The Center for Student Academic Success (CSAS) invites you to be our partner in helping students who are struggling or in distress by letting us know about those students for which you have concerns.

Partnering on Student Success

Reasons may include:

  • Concerned about not meeting minimum requirements for Satisfactory Academic Progress and scholarships.

  • Missing a significant number of classes. Students wanting to document an extended absence/faculty require documentation (i.e. death in family, serious medical situation), should be referred to the Office of Student Life.

  • Considering transferring or taking time off.

  • Received mid-semester warnings or believe they are failing a class(es.

  • Having issues with resolving holds or navigating a university process.

  • Disclose they are have a documented disability or are not taking advantage of accommodations they are eligible for through Student Accessibility Services; please encourage them to seek support through SAS.  You may also refer students to CSAS should you suspect there is an unidentified issue.

  • Need extra support in a particular class- please refer them to The Tutoring Center.

  • Require assistance in understanding academic honesty & integrity issues.

  • Need to take a semester off (CSAS handles withdrawals; medical leaves of absences are granted through Student Life.

  • Sustains a concussion and is need of support.

  • In need of further academic support or other assistance that you cannot provide.

It is also important to know that CSAS works closely with the Division of Student Life and can assist with identifying additional resources in Student Life.

For all academic concerns, please complete a Academic Referral Form

For all non-academic concerns, please complete a Student of Concern Form

For student support concerns regarding time management, organization, study skills, and getting acclimated to the RWU community, please complete a Peer Mentor Referral Form