Emergency Response and Evacuation
Roger Williams University's Emergency Response Program is designed to maximize human safety and preserve property, minimize danger, restore normal operations of the University and assure responsive communication to all appropriate parties. This program is also intended to ensure compliance with applicable local, state and federal regulations, as well as cooperation with relevant public agencies charged with disaster control.
The Roger Williams University Emergency Response Program includes the following:
- General campus safety advisories
- Emergency communication systems
- Locations of all emergency telephones, Automated External Defibrillators (AEDs), and aid stations
- The Roger Williams University Emergency Response Plan (ERP)
- Emergency evacuation procedures and egress maps
The ERP may be activated in the event of campus, local, regional or national emergencies. It applies to all units of the University and provides the basic framework for critical incident preparedness.