Cedar Residential Community
The Cedar Residential Community is a traditional-styled residence hall for first-year students. This community is home to the South Campus Lounge, a recreational and study space that is also accessible to students in Maple, Stonewall, and Willow communities.
Living in Cedar
- Students who live in Cedar Residential Community immediately become part of a community where your peers and friends are transitioning to Roger Williams University right alongside you.
- Cedar houses 350 students in traditional singles, doubles, triples, and quads.
- Meeting new people and making new friends in Cedar is as easy as opening your door, venturing into the hallway, and seeing who you can find.
- The South Campus Lounge, located right on the second floor, is accessible for all residents in South Campus (Cedar, Maple, Stonewall, and Willow communities) to enjoy.
- With two billiards tables, a foosball and air hockey table, several vending machines, seven large-screen TVs, a study room, plenty of seating areas, and a bathroom, the South Campus Lounge is the social hub of South Campus.
- Cedar has a full basketball court right outside the main entrance in case you want to shoot some hoops.
Floor Design Layout
Floor plans and diagrams for our Residential Communities can be accessed here.
The Cedar Residential Community staff is comprised of the Cedar Community Director, one Head Resident Assistant (HRA), and 14 Resident Assistants (RA). The Cedar Community Director oversees the day-to-day operation of the community, including supervision of the residential staff. There are either 1 or 2 RAs per wing depending on the number of residents residing in that wing.