Almeida Residential Community
The Almeida Residential Community is located two miles away from the main campus and provides housing for returning students. Almeida consists of three large, separate buildings of three-and-four-person apartments, as well as two additional buildings called the Flats and Townhouses.
Living at Almeida
- Almeida consists of three large, separate buildings of three-and-four-person apartments, as well as two additional buildings called the Flats and Townhouses.
- Equipped with full, private kitchens. Residents can still participate in the University's board plan in the Dining Hall.
- Each apartment has its own private bathroom.
- Laundry units are located in each building.
- Each facility is Wi-Fi enabled.
- A free RWU shuttle bus that runs about every 30-minutes between the hours of 7am and 2am on weekdays, and about every hour from 10:30am to 2am on the weekends.
The Apartments include 10 one-bedroom apartments housing three residents and 12 two-bedroom apartments for four residents. Each apartment is carpeted, fully furnished and equipped with a living room, a kitchen with a full-sized electric stove/oven, refrigerator, dishwasher, dining room area and bathroom. There is a laundry facility on the first floor of each building.
The Flats contain 4 one-bedroom apartments per cluster (for a total of 19 apartments), housing two residents each and equipped with full carpeting and furniture, a living room and kitchen with a full-sized electric stove/oven, refrigerator, dining area and a bathroom. Laundry facility on the first floor of the first cluster.
Townhouses are ten, furnished, two-story units with a common living room, kitchen (with stove, refrigerator, and dishwasher), dining area, bathroom and two bedrooms. Each bedroom is furnished with a twin extra-long bed, desk, desk chair, and a bureau per person. Laundry machine and dryer provided in each apartment.
The staff of the Almeida Residential Community is comprised of the Almeida Community Director (who is also one of the Assistant Directors of Residential Education), one Head Resident Assistant and seven Resident Assistants. The Almeida Community Director oversees the day-to-day operation of the community, including supervision of the residential staff. The seven RAs and HRA live in pairs within the three apartment buildings and the flats.