News, Events, & Programs
Highlighted Title IX 2017-2018 ProgramsClick to Open
Programs Directed at New Students:
- Everfi On-Line Training Model
- "this Matters at RWU"
- Green Dot Bystander Intervention Workshops
Programs and Initiatives Directed at Campus Community:
- Campus Safety Check List – reviewed at RA floor meetings for all residential students
- "National Vision Wall" Program
- PlayRights Interactive Educational Theater (topics include relationship violence, sexual assault, bystander intervention)
- Silent Witness Day of Remembrance / Day of Silence
- "Walk A Mile" Violence Prevention March
- Public Service Announcement Competition
- Clothesline Project
- RI Sexual Assault Denim Day
- “The Voiceless” Film & Discussion
- Men’s White Ribbon Campaign
- HAWE “Consent Can't Be Grey” poster series
- Speaker: Jessica Elumba, District Attorney’s Office, Plymouth County, MA
- Resources For Bystander Intervention
Specialized Student Leader Training:
- Resident Assistants (Title IX, Bystander Intervention, Sexual Assault, Relationship Violence)
- Health & Wellness Educators (Title IX, Bystander Intervention, Sexual Assault, Relationship Violence)
- Orientation Advisors (Title IX, Bystander Intervention)
- Peer Mentors (Title IX, Bystander Intervention)
- Admissions Ambassadors (Title IX, Bystander Intervention)
- Athletes (Title IX, Bystander Intervention)
- Student Senate (Title IX overview)
Silent Witness InitiativeClick to Open
In March of 2002, the RWU Women’s Center created a chapter of the Rhode Island Silent Witness Initiative (SWI), honoring the lives of people murdered in acts of domestic violence. In May of 2011, the RWU Women’s Center helped a local high school create the first high school chapter of the project in the country. The RWU chapter of SWI is one of the most active in the country.
Now, under the direction of the Title IX Office, the RWU chapter of SWI continues to raise awareness, honor local community members and seek to end power-based personal.
If you would like to get involved with the RWU Silent Witness Initiative, please contact Jen Stanley at email@example.com or at (401) 254-3123.
One Love "Escalation" ProgramClick to Open
The Escalation Workshop is a film-based discussion that opens people’s eyes to the warning signs of relationship abuse. The workshop consists of a film, Escalation, followed by a guided discussion led by a trained facilitator.
If you would like more information regarding Escalation or how to become a trained peer facilitator, please contact Jen Stanley at firstname.lastname@example.org or 401-254-3123.