Business Administration (MBA 3+1 or 4+1)
Complete your undergraduate and graduate education in four or five years with the AACSB-accredited Master of Business Administration 3+1 and 4+1 programs. Save time and money and enter the workforce sooner while gaining the strategic thinking, problem solving, analytical and leadership skills that enable you to excel in our competitive business environment.
The AACSB-accredited Master of Business Administration 3+1 and 4+1 programs offer convenient and time-efficient ways to earn the MBA degree. The program combines small, highly interactive classes at our state-of-the-art Metro Campus in Providence with a required internship and international study to ensure inclusion of practical real-world experience, both at home and on the global stage. A joint JD/MBA program option is also available.
An MBA is one of the most recognized professional credentials in the world. At RWU, we make earning a high quality MBA efficient, affordable, and highly relevant with an embedded internship and international experience. You'll earn your MBA in just one year, allowing you to begin working and earning a salary a year sooner than most programs.
The AACSB-accredited, 36-credit RWU MBA includes eight courses covering core business concepts such as accounting, economics, finance, and marketing, along with two elective courses, an internship, and a study abroad experience typically completed over Spring Break in March. Students can choose from electives across disciplines like business, criminal justice, leadership, public administration, and more. The MBA program is offered in Providence, Rhode Island, to provide an immersive business experience in the heart of the state capital close to major businesses and government organizations.
Visit the MBA web page for complete information on the program.
Applicants to the MBA program should have an undergraduate degree (or be completing an undergraduate degree) from a regionally-accredited institution.
Students should ideally have a 3.0 cumulative GPA at the time of application, though students will be considered based on their full application portfolio.
Standardized Testing Requirements
The Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or the Graduate Records Examination (GRE) are not required for applicants to the MBA program. However, students may be asked to submit scores to otherwise strengthen their applications.
Early Admission Consideration
Exceptional high school applicants to undergraduate business programs at RWU may be given early consideration for the 4+1 MBA program. Notification of such consideration will be sent following your undergraduate acceptance to RWU. Students identified for early consideration must adhere to specific academic standards while at RWU to be eligible for admission to the MBA program.
When to Apply
If you're interested in pursuing the one-year MBA opportunity, you will submit your application by December 1st of your senior year. Once admitted, you will take the first MBA course during your senior spring semester, allowing you to fulfill elective credit for your undergraduate program and a requirement for the graduate program.
Accelerated +1 Options
Our accelerated options allow students to complete both undergraduate Business and graduate MBA degrees in four or five years.
3 + 1 MBA
Students, by accelerating their undergraduate work, earn their Bachelor’s degree in three years and their MBA degree at the conclusion of their fourth year at the University.
4 + 1 MBA
Students in the 4 + 1 option complete their Bachelor’s degree within four years and their MBA degree at the conclusion of their fifth year at the University.
Why participate in the MBA 3+1 or 4+1 program at RWU?
As you consider your next steps, it's critical to evaluate programs for the value and outcomes they will provide. Consider why you should select RWU for your undergraduate degree and MBA:
- Earn an undergraduate and graduate degree that are fully-accredited by the AACSB, a distinction only afforded to approximately five percent of business schools worldwide.
- Complete your MBA in just one year, allowing you to begin working and earning a salary earlier than most other MBA programs.
- Participate in an internship and study abroad experience, all within your one year of graduate study.
- Save money with one graduate class senior year and be considered for MBA scholarships based on your undergraduate academic performance.
- Join the ranks of our MBA. alumni in top jobs at companies like Datadog, Dow Jones, Fidelity, Hasbro, KPMG, NASA, Walt Disney, and more.
- Knowledge that allows students to better interpret the complexities of the internal and external business environment.
- Students will appropriately apply conceptual frameworks to interpret business problems.
- Enhanced decision-making skills.
- Students will demonstrate effective decision-making skills.
- Stronger leadership skills.
- Students will demonstrate ethical leadership skills.
- The ability to analyze data using interdisciplinary, sophisticated approaches.
- Students will use diverse empirical approaches to solve business problems.
- Communication skills appropriate to leadership in the business environment.
- Students will write documents professionally.
- Students will create and deliver presentations professionally.
Read more about the program, outcomes, and admission requirements on the MBA Program web page.
If you're considering earning your undergraduate degree in business but unsure which discipline to select, you're not alone. Learn more about being an Undeclared Business major and explore your options before making a decision.
Supporting the Budget for Space ExplorationAbigail Clermont, RWU Class of 2020
The AACSB-accredited Master of Business Administration program offers convenient and time-efficient ways to earn a bachelor's degree and MBA in just four or five years. A joint JD/MBA program option is also available. Abigail Clermont got ahead of the competition through the 4+1 MBA program at RWU. She achieved her childhood dream of working for NASA and works as a Financial Analyst within the NASA's Human Exploration and Operations Mission Directorate.Read full story