Become well-versed in scientifically-informed approaches to managing crime and disaster through a critical analysis of homeland security measures based in international best practices. Topics include terrorism, crime prevention, the media, and the criminal justice role.
At UC, You Can
In this professional certificate program, you will learn the specific skillsets needed to be an effective defender of homeland security. Learn strategies and theories of disaster management, counter-terrorism methods, crime prevention, and more.
This certificate will help you to reach your ultimate goal, whether that's a degree, a career or promotion, recognition for your skills in the civilian world, or a life accomplishment.
Enrollment in a degree program is not required for enrollment in the certificate program. However, students interested in pursuing a degree may apply the credits earned through this certificate program to selected baccalaureate degree programs.
Disaster Management and Relief
Six required courses = 18 credits
A Pathway to Your Degree
The professional certificate in Homeland Security can be used as a stepping stone toward the completion of an Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Criminal Justice or Policing, Public Safety, and Security. Certificates allow you to earn your degree one step at a time, adding credentials to your resume along the way.
How You'll Get There
At UC, we support you on your individual path. Whether you are just starting out or picking up where you left off, we work with you to accomplish your goals. As you work with our faculty, each respected in their field, you'll build lasting connections that open doors to your success.
You may take advantage of our prior learning assessment, applying transfer credit, trainings and assessments, military experience, work experience, and self-taught skills toward your certificate.
An Expert Advisor
All matriculating students are assigned a on-on-one advisor, who is both an adjunct professor and an expert in their field.
Flexible Options to Suit Your Schedule
You may complete this entire program online, from anywhere, on your own schedule. Depending on the needs and interests of our students, we also offer in-person courses to bring your learning to life through face-to-face discussion. Our hybrid on-line and in-person courses give you the best of both worlds. Your advisor will help you determine which path is best for you.
Individualized Support, More Affordable
At University College, you get the individualized attention of a private university at a more affordable cost. There are multiple options for financial aid, scholarships, and accelerated paths to get you to the degree you need. Some programs run by Roger Williams are awarded by simply applying for admission, while others are awarded to students through a more formal aid application process.
To ensure full consideration for all aid programs, complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Tuition Costs & Fees: A valuable education you can afford
- Financing Your Education: Filling out the FAFSA
- Do You Live in Central Falls, Cranston or Pawtucket? Ask about RWU's lower-cost tuition agreements for residents of these communities.
- Military: We can help you navigate the application process for tuition assistance, GI Bill benefits, and other tuition benefits, which include waived application fee and discounted tuition rates for service members and spouses, as well as financial aid.
- Employers & Municipalities: Many employers, including municipalities, will reimburse tuition costs. Ask your HR team for details about your benefits.
- Unemployed or Underemployed? You may be eligible for state assistance and support to obtain a microcredential in a UC certificate program, funded by the R.I. Dept. of Labor and Training. Ask your DLT case manager.
Questions? Meet Nichole
Everyone has questions.
Our Pathway Specialist, Nichole Lopez, has answers. Call her at (401) 254-4805 or email email@example.com