Spiegel Center for Global and International Programs
Through vigourous learning and robust engagement with the world, RWU students are empowered to pursue globalized professional opportunities, globally-minded civic engagement, and lifelong global learning.
Due to continued international travel restrictions, the increase in COVID-19 cases globally, and continued lockdowns in many locations, Roger Williams University will be cancelling all Spring 2021 semester Study Abroad programs.
This decision is based on both State Department and CDC travel advisories, as well as the high risk caused by COVID-19 that is present in many locations worldwide.
*If you have started an application for the spring 2021 semester, we can defer for the next available academic term. Please contact the Spiegel Center at email@example.com to set up a meeting so we can discuss the status of your application and make appropriate plans for participation.
What are my next steps?
We do encourage students to take this opportunity to start planning ahead. Here are some opportunities and events that may help you with that planning:
- The Spiegel Center is organizing several short term, faculty led program programs for Summer 2021. These programs will be held during late May, early June, as well as early August and will be traveling to a variety of locations. You can find more information on these programs at our study abroad portal.
- In celebration of International Education Week, the Spiegel Center will sponsoring a Virtual Study Abroad Fair. This “fair” will be an opportunity for students to learn more about program options, connect with the Spiegel Center as well as our program partners worldwide. Students can sign up at our RWU Study Abroad Fair link.
- Please contact the Spiegel Center for any questions you may have or to set up a virtual advising meeting. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
On behalf of the Spiegel Center, we are sorry for the disruption to any of your study abroad plans. Your health and safety are our primary focus, however. We look forward to when we can allow you the opportunity to go abroad and have the best experience possible.
The Spiegel Center for Global and International Programs administers long term study abroad programming, supports faculty in their work conducting short term study abroad and overseas experiential education, and fosters global learning and engagement across the university.
At RWU, global and international knowledge, skills, and engagement opportunities are incorporated into course experiences, both in and beyond the classroom. Courses combine with a wide array of co-curricular programs to broaden horizons, foster engagement across borders, deepen understanding of complex global challenges, and introduce students to global practitioners in diverse fields.
RWU global and international learning and engagement programs equip students to:
- Increase knowledge of global issues, cultures, and systems
- Expand awareness and understanding of global perspectives
- Develop skills of inquiry and critical thinking in global context
- Leverage global knowledge and skills to solve problems
- Apply learning to real world community and professional challenges
- Develop avenues and habits of global engagement
The Spiegel Center for Global and International Programs is located in the Center for Global and Community Engagement, commonly known as "The Farmhouse," across from Lower Commons on RWU's Bristol Campus. Students interested in study abroad are encouraged to stop by, explore materials about the many programs offered around the globe; meet with staff about study abroad possibilities and planning; and explore how to best take advantage of the many global and international opportunities of Roger Williams University. Office Hours are 8:30-4:30, Monday-Friday.
The world awaits!