Calling All Poets!
The University Library and the Writing Center are hosting an outdoor “poetry walk” to celebrate National Poetry Month in April 2023.
All members of the campus community (students, staff, faculty, alumni) are invited to submit a poem, which will be posted on a sign along a designated campus walking path. Twenty five eligible poems will be chosen by a student-led selection committee.
Bringing together students, faculty, and the RWU community, the Campus Poetry Walk will include:
- An outdoor walking route through campus that exhibits original poetry by RWU students, faculty, staff, and alumni
- Several poetry workshops to develop your poem
- A Community Event & Reception, featuring a public talk by former US Poet Laureate Robert Pinsky
- A virtual exhibition that preserves and highlights the Campus Poetry Walk
- Poems must be unpublished, original works.
- Poems should be appropriate for all ages to enjoy.
- One submission per individual.
Theme: "Celebrating the Spaces We Live In"
Please use this form to submit your poem by February 24, 2023.
Questions? Contact Karen Bilotti at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
This project is supported by the Provost’s Office, the Mary Tefft White “Talking in the Library” endowment, and the Center for Student Academic Success.Library News