RWU Library Strategic Directions 2016 - 2019
Collections and Access
Select, preserve and provide access to diverse and authoritative information resources and locally created collections in all formats in support of scholarship, teaching and learning at RWU.
- Expand e-collections and demand driven acquisitions in direct support of the curriculum.
- Perform ongoing collection assessment to ensure access to the resources users need most in the most cost effective manner.
- Increase discoverability of print and electronic resources available through the RWU library.
- Identify, digitize, preserve and provide access to unique print, archival materials, special collections and images.
- Advocate for Open Educational Resources and implement an Affordable Textbook Program.
Research, Scholarship and Scholarly Communication
Advance scholarly inquiry and knowledge creation by providing digital services and staff expertise to the RWU community.
- Develop services to support open scholarship, including open access publishing and digital scholarship projects.
- Collect, preserve and promote the scholarly record and intellectual output of the university.
- Define the library’s role in educating the RWU community about copyright law, fair use and intellectual property.
Teaching and Learning
Provide services and resources that support users to be successful scholars and informed global citizens.
- Support the researcher with expertise that is flexible and individualized.
- Collaborate with individual faculty and the Center for Scholarship, Assessment Learning and Technology to develop information literacy competencies in our users.
- Use assessment to improve teaching and learning and promote the libraries’ role in students’ academic success.
- Enhance research and inquiry without bias or censorship.
Provide an environment that enhances teaching, learning and collaboration.
- Provide library space for quiet study, group collaboration, content creation, scholarly programming, active learning and conversation.
- Understand how patrons use the library in order to inform collections, spaces and services.
- Provide a robust and effective online presence that offers a consistent, high quality user experience regardless of the users’ geographical location.
- Build partnerships through programming and exhibits that advance scholarship and bring exceptional learning opportunities.
Foster a culture that values collaboration and engages all library personnel in advancing the library’s core values.
- Hire and develop staff with a passion for student engagement and success.
- Foster better communication and collaboration among all library personnel.
- Optimize workflows and re-structure operations strategically.
- Pursue appropriate grant opportunities in support of the library’s mission.
- Create a culture of continuous education and invest in professional development.