Mission, Vision, Plan
As the intellectual and cultural hub of the campus, we are committed to the value of the library as an academic open space -- one that encourages evidence-based dialogue through the respectful exchange of ideas. We work alongside students, faculty, staff, and community members as partners in their research, teaching, scholarship, and other knowledge-seeking pursuits, with an awareness that the next generation library is nimble and ready to transform and evolve services, programming, and access to resources, in ways that meet the needs of our student-centered learning community. In realizing our values and vision statement, we are committed to the following core values:
- Adherence to the Code of Ethics of the American Library Association.
- Protection of users' rights to privacy and confidentiality.
- Access to resources that enhance research and inquiry without bias or censorship.
- Providing an inviting and inclusive environment that enhances teaching, learning, research, innovation, and collaboration.
- Commitment to intellectual freedom and freedom of access to information.
- Service excellence with fairness and respect for diversity of opinion.
- Respect for intellectual property rights.
- Ethical behavior that distinguishes between personal convictions and professional duties.