Business Administration (4+1)
Designed for RWU undergraduates or students with undergraduate business degrees from AACSB-accredited institutions, this accredited Master of Business Administration 4+1 program offers a convenient and time-efficient way to earn your MBA. In just one year, you will gain the strategic thinking, problem solving and leadership skills to prepare you for the competitive business environment. The program combines classes in core business disciplines at our state-of-the-art Metro Campus in Providence with a required internship and international study to give you practical real-world experience both at home and on the global stage.
Business Administration 4+1Click to Open
- Complete your M.B.A. in just one year following your undergraduate studies.
- Accredited by AACSB International - The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business, a designation achieved by less than five percent of business schools worldwide.
- Gain valuable experience in a required internship.
- Courses designed to prepare students for an increasingly competitive business environment.
- Learn about other cultures and global business practice through a required international experience.
- Study at our state-of-the-art Metro Campus in Providence, RI.
Spring Semester (Senior Year - RWU students only): 3 Credits
Ethical Leadership of Organizations
(Offered at the Bristol Campus)
Roger’s Review workshop – 3-4 days in August
Fall Semester (Graduate): 12 Credits
Financial and Managerial Accounting (3 credits)
Decision Analysis (3 credits)
Managerial Economics (3 credits)
Decisions in Marketing Management (3 credits)
Spring Semester (Graduate): 15 Credits
Corporate Finance (3 credits)
Global Business (3 credits)
Strategic Management (3 credits)
Electives (6 credits)
Summer Semester (Graduate): 6 Credits
Internship (3 credits)*
International Experience (3 credits)*
*May be completed in alternative semesters, i.e. summer between senior year and MBA year; in January of MBA year; or summer after completion of MBA coursework.
Upcoming EventsClick to Open
|Meet us on campus in Bristol, RI, and hear about admission and financial aid, meet the faculty, tour the campus, and more.|
Saturday, June 2, 2018
Virtual Information Sessions
Short on time or just want to learn more about us from the comfort of your home, school, or office? Join us for a Virtual Information Session.
There are no virtual sessions scheduled at this time.
Applications to the program are due by December 1st for priority consideration for the senior spring semester for RWU undergraduates. Applications for non-RWU applicants are due by April 1st for fall entry. Students interested in the 4+1 option should be current students with a major or minor in the Gabelli School of Business or have completed (or completing) an undergraduate business degree from an AACSB-accredited institution.
To apply, applicants must submit the following items to the Office of Graduate Admission:
- Completed application form and $50 application fee. An application fee is not required for RWU students. Please contact the Office of Graduate Admission for your fee waiver code.
- Letter of Intent (no more than two double-spaced pages) describing your interest in the MBA program, career goals, and how you can positively contribute to the graduate program at Roger Williams University.
- Two(2) letters of recommendation attesting to your potential to succeed in graduate school.
- Official transcripts from all institutions where undergraduate credit was earned. The Office of Graduate Admission will obtain transcripts on behalf of RWU students. Transcripts from other institutions must be official and sealed from the issuing institution and mailed or delivered to the Office of Graduate Admission.
It is recommended that students present at least a 3.0 cumulative undergraduate GPA in order to be considered for admission to the 4+1 program. Students may be asked to take the GMAT or GRE in order to strengthen their case for admission. A request for a GMAT/ GRE waiver may be submitted as part of the application process. In general, applicants must possess at least a 3.2 cumulative GPA in order to be considered for this waiver. Beta Gamma Sigma members will receive automatic waivers of standardized testing requirements. The ETS School Code for Roger Williams University is 3729.
Each application will be reviewed using a portfolio approach - all parts of the application will be considered, inclusive of grades and trend of grades, letters of recommendation, the letter of intent, and other information that candidates for admission may wish to submit.
Master of BusinessFrancesca Montemarano, RWU Class of 2018 Business Administration (MBA 4+1)
Francesca Montemarano will be among the first to graduate from RWU's accelerated 4+1 Master of Business Administration program. The career options an M.B.A. provides and the convenience of obtaining it in a single year were the deciding factors for enrolling in the program.Read full story