In addition to exceptional programs and outstanding facilities, the School of Architecture, Art and Historic Preservation has a variety of special programs that benefit our students-- from hands-on experiences and global perspectives to leadership and internship opportunities.
Programs designed to increase the reach of SAAHP:
- Career Investment Program — provides financing for undergraduate and graduate student assistantships on-campus and professional internships off-campus with firms, organizations and government.
- Study Abroad — undergraduate and graduate coursework around the world with our Global Partners in South America, Europe, Africa, the Middle East and Asia.
- Summer Academy — scholarship-supported discovery programs in Architecture on the Bristol Campus.
- Summer Programs — undergraduate and graduate coursework for RWU and other students in Bristol and abroad.
Programs designed to develop student leadership through mentorship and collegial engagement within and beyond the university, including recognition programs confirming student achievement:
- Student Leadership — includes involvement in governance, mentoring programs and activities with incoming and current students and alumni.
- Graduate Assistantships— providing mentoring relationships between faculty and graduate students in merit-based appointments advancing teaching as well as scholarly, professional and creative activities across the school.
- Internships — placements in local, national and international firms and organizations.
- Scholarships and Awards — annual donor supported school and national scholarships and recognitions in all programs and levels of the school.