Welcome to Roger Williams University Theatre
RWU Theatre Productions
RWU Theatre productions over the past few years.
What's On RWU TheatreClick to Open
Roger Williams University Performing Arts Center
Performance Times: 2:00 matinees, 7:30 evenings; Reservations: 254-3666
- Main Season: $10 general; $5 students/seniors
- Stage Company: $5 general; $3 students/seniors
- Freshman Play/Senior Projects: $4; $2 students/seniors
- Alive! Arts: free admission
Desdemona, A Play About A Handkerchief
By Paula Vogel
(Senior Directing Project)
Having slept with Othello's entire encampment, Desdemona revels in her bawdy tales of conquest. Her foils and rapt listeners are the other integral and re-imagined women of this Shakespeare tragedy.
Sense and Sensibility
Based on the novel by Jane Austen
(Main Season III)
Rich Mr. Dashwood dies, leaving his second wife and her three daughters poor by the rules of inheritance. The two eldest daughters are the titular opposites. The performance follows the young women to their new home with their widowed mother, a meagre cottage on the property of a distant relative, where they experience love, romance and heartbreak.
The Manhattan Theatre Collective: Tales From The Barn: a Collection of Devised Theatre Stories
An evening of comedy, music and entertainment.
Music by Duncan Sheik; Book/Lyrics by Steven Sater
(Main Season III)
This Tony and Grammy Award winning rock musical centers around a group of teenagers who are discovering the anxiety and confusion that adolescence brings. Raised and educated by parents and teachers who are either too embarrassed or too ashamed to have an honest conversation about sex, the children must navigate an uncomprehending world by relying on one another. Based on the play, Spring Awakening: A Children’s Tragedy (1891), by Frank Wedekind.
Important DatesClick to Open
- August 31: Stage Company Picnic
- December 16: Holiday Party
- January 30-February 3: Kennedy Center American College Theatre Festival, Region I in Danbury, CT
- February 28: Deadline for 2018-2019 Senior Project Proposals
- March 21: Deadline for 2018-2019 Production Proposals
- May 1: Acting Mock Auditions
- May 2: Directing/Design Mock Interviews
- May 12: Barn Picnic