Bridges (also known as Sakai) is Roger Williams University's Learning Management System. It allows instructors to create sites where they can post materials, class announcements, exams, discussion forums, and even keep track of grades.
- Please only use only Chome or Mozilla
- To log into Bridges, enter your RWU username and password into the corresponding fields in the upper right-hand corner. Click the Login button.
- If you don't remember your password please go to https://passwords.rwu.edu to reset the password.
- If you need further assistance with your password, please call the Media•Tech Desk at 401 254.6363 or by email email@example.com.
Username: first initial last name and three digits (Example: John Doe's username could be jdoe235).
Password: Roger Central Password
Default student password for most systems is the first initial of your first name, the first initial of your last name (both lowercase), the last 4 digits of your Social Security Number and capital RWU. (Example: if John Doe's Social Security Number ends in 2345 his password would be jd2345RWU).
Important: Student passwords expire every 180 days.
Username: first initial and last name. (Example: John Smith > jsmith)
Password: Roger Central Password.
Default faculty/staff password for most systems is the first initial of your first name, the first initial of your last name (both lowercase), the last 4 digits of your Social Security Number and capital RWU. (Example: if John Smith's Social Security Number ends in 2345 his password would be js2345RWU).
Important: Faculty/Staff passwords expire every 180 days.
- What is Bridges? (video)
- Welcome to Bridges Course (full course)
- Bridges Quick Start Guide for Students (.pdf)
Only use Chrome or Firefox for Bridges. Do not use Safari.
Test & Quizzes
- How do I change my picture in Bridges?
- How do I add personal pronouns and name pronunciation to my profile?
For complete documentation on Sakai please refer to Sakai21 user guide or search our knowledge base.
Welcome to Bridges!
If you have questions on any of the documentation or need further assistance please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All Bridges course sites are Unpublished after 60 days end-of-term policy (when final grades are due). Instructors retain access to their unpublished classes. Students that require access to prior or past courses due to an incomplete need to contact the respective instructor. In the event the instructor has left the institution, please contact the Dean's Office.
- Course enrollments in Bridges (for both student and instructor) are updated on a nightly basis.
- Written permission from the instructor(s) of record is required for any access to course material or to be added to a course. Requests along with permissions should be sent to email@example.com.
- Crosslisting courses: Instructors have the option to cross-list (combine) courses. Please reach out to ID (firstname.lastname@example.org) to request information.
System Maintenance and Updates
- Maintenance takes place every Thursday from 4-6AM with intermittent access during that time.
- Users will be notified in advance by an announcement in Bridges for any additional downtimes.
- Videos that have not been viewed in 3 years will be archived on a yearly basis. Videos in archive will then be deleted after 18 months if not viewed. Please refer to our retention policy.
Having issues with Bridges? Please contact us at email@example.com.