If you’re an incoming student and you’re looking to live with other first-year students, then Cedar Hall is the place for you.
Living in Cedar
- Cedar Hall is RWU's exclusive freshmen-only residence hall. Students who live in Cedar Hall immediately become part of a community where your peers and friends are transitioning to Roger Williams University right alongside you.
- Cedar Hall houses 350 students in traditional singles, doubles, triples, and quads.
- With the traditional hall style of Cedar hall, meeting new people and making new friends is as easy as opening your door, venturing into the hallway, and seeing who you can find.
- The South Campus Lounge, located right on the second floor, debuted in 2012 and is accessible for all residents on south campus (Cedar, Maple, Stonewall, and Willow Halls) to enjoy.
- With two billiards tables, a foosball and air hockey table, several vending machines, seven large-screen TVs, a study room, plenty of seating areas, and a bathroom, the South Campus Lounge is the social hub of South Campus.
- Cedar has a full basketball court right outside the main entrance in case you want to shoot some hoops.
Floor Design Layout
The staff of Cedar Hall is comprised of one Coordinator of Residence Education (CORE), one Head Resident Assistant (HRA), and 14 Resident Assistants (RA). The Coordinator of Residence Education serves to oversee the day-to-day operation of the complex, including supervision of the residence hall staff. There are either 1 or 2 RAs per wing depending on the number of residents residing in that wing.