Stock Room Attendant
The Stock Room Attendant will setup, deliver, pick up and clean up and put away deliveries received. This position receives inventories and stores all products and equipment as per Department Policies. This position will assist in cleaning and maintaining the cleanliness of the store room, delivery vehicles, and all catering materials. Perform all other duties that may be assigned by management.
- Interacts professionally with other employees, customers, and suppliers.
- Performs quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Works effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Works independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
- Cleans and organizes storerooms, coolers, freezer floors, and mobile refrigerators.
- Properly stores foods in designated in accordance with RI Food Code and/or policies set forth by the RI Department of Health.
- Complies with all sanitation, ServSafe and safety requirements.
- Assists in back dock organization and proper trash & waste receptacle treatment.
Set up and Preparation
- Accepts and receives all items/products from other departments and vendors in accordance with department policy.
- Assists with the set up of special events or additional kitchen spaces.
- Gathers all food and non-food items for any and all events and/or functions in a timely manner.
- Picks up or arranges for the pickup of all deliveries made which includes filling out the delivery and pick up log.
- At the end of incumbent's shift, notifies management of the log status.
- Prepares and set up for all deliveries that may occur on incumbent's day off and inform management of the status before shift ends.
- Reports shortages of deliveries and of stock and inventory to supervisor on duty.
*Students are prohibited from driving during work-study employment with the limited exception of authorized work-study driver positions.