The Service Crew for position performs jobs such as setting and resetting dining room tables, clearing tables, refilling water, and maintaining consistent and efficient unit specific service standards.
- Interacts professionally with other employees, customers, and suppliers.
- Performs quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Works effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Works independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
- Expedites and runs food to wait person, or guests, as needed.
- Maintains service stations in a clean and orderly manner throughout shift.
- Performs all opening and closing side work as specified by manager.
- Removes plates and silverware when all guests have finished, following proper service standards.
- Additional Functions
- This position does not directly supervise anyone but is responsible for working in a team and completing task in a group setting.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to interact with diverse and high volume customer base in a friendly and efficient manner.
- Ability to use the time clock system properly, and record worked hours for processing.
- Ability to take direction from multiple managers, supervisor and employees.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure.
- Must have problem-solving abilities, be self-motivated, and organized.
- Commitment to quality service, and food and beverage knowledge.
- Possess the ability to meet specific Dining uniform standards for this position.
- Utilize all Personal Protective Equipment per Dining guidelines including wearing a cut resistant glove whenever using a sharp or potentially sharp tool or instrument.
- Ability to follow all of Dining health and safety standards and requirements.
*Students are prohibited from driving during work-study employment with the limited exception of authorized work-study driver positions.