Maintains safe swimming conditions in the pool, deck and surrounding areas in harmony with the mission statement and policies of Roger Williams University Rec Services and Aquatics Department.
- Prevent accidents by scanning assigned zone from bottom to top and covering zone in compliance with the 10/10 rule.
- Perform swim tests as required by Association policy.
- Enforce health and safety rules and maintain emergency readiness.
- Respond to emergency situations in accordance with RWU policies and procedures. Complete incident and accident reports as necessary.
- Maintain records as required.
- Perform routine maintenance of pool, locker rooms and surrounding areas, to ensure cleanliness.
- Check pool and rescue equipment and promptly report any problems.
- Set up and put away equipment for recreational swims.
- Develop rapport and maintain effective relationships with members, participants and other staff.
- Participation and satisfactory completion of in-service trainings is mandatory.
Special Skills Needed:
ARC lifeguard or other nationally recognized lifeguard certification is required
*Students are prohibited from driving during work-study employment with the limited exception of authorized work-study driver positions.