Culinary Preparation Cook
The culinary preparation cook is responsible for the proper preparation, setup, and execution of a particular station or dish. The culinary work in this position must all follow Dining’s commitments to sustainability and proper health and safety guidelines.
- Interacts professionally with other employees, customers, and suppliers.
- Performs quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Works effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Works independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
- Cleans work areas, equipment and utensils; distributes supplies, utensils, and portable equipment.
- Assures compliance with all sanitation, ServSafe and safety requirements.
- Interacts with co-workers to ensure compliance with company service standards, and inventory and cash control procedures.
- Carries pans, kettles, and trays of food to and from workstations, stove, and refrigerator.
- Utilizes approved food production standards to ensure proper quality, serving temperatures and standard portion control.
- Washes, peels, cuts, and seeds vegetables and fruits.
- Weighs and measures designated ingredients.
- This position does not directly supervise anyone but is responsible for working in a team and completing task in a group setting.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong passion and motivation to create great food.
- General culinary knowledge of basic kitchen practices, protocols and procedures.
- Understanding of typical culinary units of measure.
- Ability to work safely and efficiently with large volume culinary equipment including but not limited to grill, fryers, steamers tilt skillets, convention ovens.
- Possess the ability to meet Dining’s unit specific uniform standards for this position.
- Utilize all Personal Protective Equipment’s per Dining’s guidelines.
- Wear a cut resistance glove whenever using a sharp or potentially sharp tool or instrument.
- Ability to follow all of Dining’s health and safety standards and requirements.
*Students are prohibited from driving during work-study employment with the limited exception of authorized work-study driver positions.