New Student Awards
As part of our comprehensive financial aid packaging, Roger Williams University offers institutionally supported merit scholarships, ranging from $8,500 to approximately $22,500. All students are considered for merit-based scholarships, with no separate application required.
2020 Merit Scholarship values
- Community Scholarship $ 8,500 to $12,000
- Deans Scholarship $13,000 to $17,000
- Presidential Scholarship $18,000 to $22,500
Merit Scholarships offered at the time of admission recognize what students have accomplished in their learning prior to enrolling at Roger Williams. As part of our overall financial aid strategy, two new changes have been put in place and are effective for new students beginning in Fall 2019 as part of our commitment to Affordable Excellence for our students.
- Merit Scholarships (Community, Deans, Presidential awards) will renew all four years for students as long as the students remain in good standing at the university - no higher GPA requirement exists to keep their award.
- RWU students who achieve a minimum overall 3.6 GPA or higher at the end of the academic year will receive the Academic Excellence Award, providing an additional $1,000 towards the following year’s tuition. The Academic Excellence Award can be earned at the conclusion of each academic year in which a 3.6 GPA is earned.
RWU Travel Grant
Beyond tuition, room, and board, we know that many other factors impact the total cost of affording a college. For families from farther away, the purchase of flights to and from home over breaks will mean increased cost in choosing RWU. RWU is sensitive to the total cost of an education that families may face, including transportation, books, and other expenses. Therefore, to support our out-of-region enrolled students, we have created a special Travel Grant for students from states and countries outside of the U.S. northeast. This $1500 grant is awarded to all qualified students in addition to merit scholarships awarded at time of admission (with the exception of full-tuition scholarship recipients). Students meeting the geographic criteria will automatically qualify for this award. *Effective for students enrolling fall 2020
Roger Williams University also offers a full tuition scholarship program to which students who qualify may apply. The Intercultural Leadership Ambassador Program and Scholarship recognizes students who have demonstrated academic achievement, leadership, and contributions to their community.