Business Administration (MBA 4+1)
Designed for RWU undergraduates or students with undergraduate business degrees from AACSB-accredited institutions, the accredited Master of Business Administration 4+1 program offers a convenient and time-efficient way to earn the MBA degree. In just one year, you will gain the strategic thinking, problem solving, analytical and leadership skills to enable you to excel in our competitive business environment. The program combines small, highly interactive classes at our state-of-the-art Metro Campus in Providence with a required internship and international study to ensure inclusion of practical real-world experience, both at home and on the global stage. A joint JD/MBA program option is also available.
Please select from the options below to learn more about the 4+1 MBA program opportunity or visit the MBA Program website.
An M.B.A. is one of the most recognized professional credentials in the world. At RWU, we make earning a high quality M.B.A. efficient, affordable, and highly relevant with an embedded internship and international experience. You'll earn your M.B.A. in just one year, allowing you to begin working and earning a salary a year sooner than most programs.
The AACSB-accredited, 36-credit RWU M.B.A. includes eight courses covering core business concepts such as accounting, economics, finance, and marketing, along with two elective courses, an internship, and a study abroad experience typically completed over Spring Break in March. Students can choose from electives across disciplines like business, criminal justice, leadership, public administration, and more. The M.B.A. program is offered in Providence, Rhode Island, to provide an immersive business experience in the heart of the state capital close to major businesses and government organizations.
Visit the M.B.A. website for complete information on the program.
To be considered for the 4+1 M.B.A. opportunity, prospective students and RWU undergraduates must select a major or minor in the Gabelli School of Business.
While many students join the program after having earned degrees in programs like Accounting, Economics, Management, Marketing, or another area, some students have majors in areas as diverse as Marine Biology or Theater who earned minors in the Gabelli School of Business.
Students should ideally have a 3.0 cumulative GPA at the time of application, though students will be considered based on their full application portfolio.
Standardized Testing Requirements
The Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or the Graduate Records Examination (GRE) are not required for applicants to the M.B.A. program. However, students may be asked to submit scores to otherwise strengthen their applications.
Early Admission Consideration
Exceptional high school applicants to undergraduate business programs at RWU may be given early consideration for the 4+1 M.B.A. program. Notification of such consideration will be sent following your undergraduate acceptance to RWU. Students identified for early consideration must adhere to specific academic standards while at RWU to be eligible for admission to the M.B.A. program.
When to Apply
If you're interested in pursuing the one-year M.B.A. opportunity, you will submit your application by December 1st of your senior year. Once admitted, you will take the first M.B.A. course during your senior spring semester, allowing you to fulfill elective credit for your undergraduate program and a requirement for the graduate program.
Why participate in the MBA 4+1 program at RWU?
As you consider your next steps, it's critical to evaluate programs for the value and outcomes they will provide. Consider why you should select RWU for your undergraduate degree and MBA:
- Earn an undergraduate and graduate degree that are fully-accredited by the AACSB, a distinction only afforded to approximately five percent of business schools worldwide.
- Complete your MBA in just one year, allowing you to begin working and earning a salary earlier than most other MBA programs.
- Participate in an internship and study abroad experience, all within your one year of graduate study.
- Save money with one graduate class senior year and be considered for MBA scholarships based on your undergraduate academic performance.
- Join the ranks of our MBA. alumni in top jobs at companies like Datadog, Dow Jones, Fidelity, Hasbro, KPMG, NASA, Walt Disney, and more.
- Knowledge that allows students to better interpret the complexities of the internal and external business environment.
- Students will appropriately apply conceptual frameworks to interpret business problems.
- Enhanced decision-making skills.
- Students will demonstrate effective decision-making skills.
- Stronger leadership skills.
- Students will demonstrate ethical leadership skills.
- The ability to analyze data using interdisciplinary, sophisticated approaches.
- Students will use diverse empirical approaches to solve business problems.
- Communication skills appropriate to leadership in the business environment.
- Students will write documents professionally.
- Students will create and deliver presentations professionally.
Read more about the program, outcomes, and admission requirements on the MBA Program website.
If you're considering earning your undergraduate degree in business but unsure which discipline to select, you're not alone. Learn more about being an Undeclared Business and explore your options before making a decision. Once you select a major, before or after you begin your studies at RWU, you can begin planning for the M.B.A. program opportunity.
Supporting the Budget for Space ExplorationAbigail Clermont, RWU Class of 2020
As a child, Abigail Clermont dreamed of working for NASA. The 4+1 Masters in Business Administration program at RWU helped Clermont make her childhood dream a reality. She works as a Financial Analyst for the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) Headquarters Space Communication and Navigation Program within the Human Exploration and Operations Mission Directorate.Read full story