Business Administration (MBA 4+1)
When you earn your MBA at RWU, you’ll gain the strategic thinking, problem solving and leadership skills to prepare you for the competitive business environment -- all in just one year. This accredited 4+1 program combines classes in core business disciplines at our state-of-the-art Metro Campus in Providence with a required internship and international study to give you practical real-world experience both at home and on the global stage.
Business Administration (MBA 4+1)Click to Open
As a recognized regional leader in business education, Roger Williams University is pleased to offer a 4+1 M.B.A. for undergraduate students with majors or minors in the Gabelli School of Business. Drawing from the depth of the academic and professional experience of the GSB faculty, the 36-credit M.B.A. program provides a strong foundation across core business disciplines with practical applications through required internship and international experiences. The program is designed to enable students to become strategic thinkers, problem solvers and leaders.
The Master of Business Administration program is currently only offered to RWU undergraduates or alumni with a major or minor in the Gabelli School of Business.
- Complete your M.B.A. in just one year following your undergraduate studies at RWU.
- Accredited by AACSB International - The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business, a designation achieved by less than five percent of business schools worldwide.
- Gain valuable experience in a required internship.
- Courses designed to prepare students for an increasingly competitive business environment.
- Learn about other cultures and global business practice through a required international experience.
- Study at our state-of-the-art Metro Campus in Providence, RI.
Spring Semester (Senior Year): 3 Credits
Ethical Leadership of Organizations
(Offered at the Bristol Campus)
Roger’s Review workshop – 3-4 days in August
Fall Semester (Graduate): 12 Credits
Financial and Managerial Accounting (3 credits)
Decision Analysis (3 credits)
Managerial Economics (3 credits)
Decisions in Marketing Management (3 credits)
Spring Semester (Graduate): 15 Credits
Corporate Finance (3 credits)
Global Business (3 credits)
Strategic Management (3 credits)
Electives (6 credits)
Summer Semester (Graduate): 6 Credits
Internship (3 credits)*
International Experience (3 credits)*
*May be completed in alternative semesters, i.e. summer between senior year and MBA year; in January of MBA year; or summer after completion of MBA coursework.
The Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) 4+1 program is currently only available to Roger Williams University undergraduates or alumni with a major or minor in the Gabelli School of Business. If you are not a Roger Williams Undergraduate, you can apply directly to our M.B.A program.
Applications to the program are due by January 20, 2017, for priority consideration for the senior spring semester. Students interested in the 4+1 option should be current students with a major in the Gabelli School of Business or minoring in Business at RWU to be considered.
To apply, applicants must submit the following items to the Office of Graduate Admission:
- Completed application form. An application fee is not required for RWU students. Please contact the Office of Graduate Admission for your fee waiver code.
- Letter of Intent (no more than two double-spaced pages) describing your interest in the MBA program, career goals, and how you can positively contribute to the graduate program at Roger Williams University.
- Two(2) letters of recommendation attesting to your potential to succeed in graduate school. Send a request to your recommenders.
- Official transcripts from RWU will be obtained from the Registrar’s Office by the Office of Graduate Admission at RWU. Students do not have to request transcripts.
It is recommended that students present at least a 3.0 cumulative undergraduate GPA in order to be considered for admission to the 4+1 program. Students may be asked to take the GMAT or GRE in order to strengthen their case for admission. A request for a GMAT/ GRE waiver may be submitted as part of the application process. In general, applicants must possess at least a 3.2 cumulative GPA in order to be considered for this waiver. Beta Gamma Sigma members will receive automatic waivers of standardized testing requirements. The ETS School Code for Roger Williams University is 3729.
Each application will be reviewed using a portfolio approach - all parts of the application will be considered, inclusive of grades and trend of grades, letters of recommendation, the letter of intent, and other information that candidates for admission may wish to submit.
Master of BusinessFrancesca Montemarano, RWU Class of 2018 Business Administration (MBA 4+1)
Francesca Montemarano is currently enrolled in RWU's accelerated 4+1 Master of Business Administration program. The career options an M.B.A. provides and the convenience of obtaining it in a single year were the deciding factors for enrolling program.Read full story
- Credits: 36 (plus a four-day summer review and orientation)
- Time to Completion: One calendar year
- Delivery Method: In-class (16 weeks)
- Start Term: Fall (Spring start for RWU Seniors)
- Course Load: Full-time only
- Tuition: $860/credit (projected) plus the $500 Roger's Review Summer Workshop
- Campus Location: Providence, RI
- Preferred Application Deadline: November 1