Applying & Eligibility
Membership and Eligibility: First Year Applicants
First year applicants may complete an Honors Program application as included on the Common Application or they may choose to apply through our online application. Our preferred application deadline for the Honors Program coincides with our November 15 Early Action deadline, and students applying later will be considered on a space-available basis. Applicants should demonstrate significant preparation in academics, community engagement and leadership and also be willing to commit to joining the Honors Living Learning Community (LLC) for the first year.
Evidence of academic preparation may include:
- ACT/SAT test scores (strongly recommended)
- Significant high school honors and/or AP coursework where available
- Significant preparation in writing
- Engagement in academic travel and/or language immersion programs
Evidence of a commitment to community engagement may include:
- Participation in service learning opportunities
- Mission and/or service trips with local or national organizations
- Tutoring, volunteering, coaching, or other civic engagement activities
Evidence of a commitment to leadership may include:
- Leadership roles in student government, clubs, and/or organizations
- Leadership on school or community engagement projects
- Athletic leadership positions
The selection committee will weigh all materials submitted in addition to considering potential fit with the program mission and goals, commitment to the Honors Living Learning Community, and dedication to engaging the campus, the community, and the world. It may be worthwhile to watch David McCullough Jr.'s commencement speech from 2012 as you consider your application and your academic goals.
Membership and Eligibility: Current RWU Students
Currently enrolled Roger Williams University students performing with academic distinction (minimum 3.5 cumulative gpa) within their first three semesters are encouraged to apply. Acceptance is contingent upon the student's ability to complete all program requirements (15 hours of honors CORE credits) through their remaining course of study. Transfer students of academic distinction may also be considered for Honors Program membership.
For further information, please contact the Honors Program Director at email@example.com or 401-254-3663.