Intercultural Leadership Ambassador Program and Scholarship (ILAPS)
About the Program
Each year, RWU recognizes, rewards and celebrates a diverse group of students, who have demonstrated academic achievement, leadership and positive contributions to their communities through a selective scholarship program. The program includes a scholarship of over $30,000 for four consecutive years of undergraduate study in addition to a co-curricular program which seeks to provide mentorship and academic support while furthering the holistic and leadership growth of recipients throughout their time at RWU.
Program Benefits & Components
1. Renewable scholarship valued at over $30,000 per year
2. Individual mentoring
3. Academic advising and workshops
4. Group outings within and outside of Rhode Island
5. Cohort team building
Eligibility & Requirements
To qualify for ILAPS, students must achieve all 4 of the following criteria in addition to being admitted to the University:
- Show academic proficiency, achieving a minimum of a 3.0 GPA
- Be eligible for need-based financial aid & qualify for the Pell Grant or show significant financial need
DACA students should contact the Office of Admission for more information
- Demonstrate leadership in their high school or local community or show leadership potential
- AND one of the following: Be a first generation college student; speak a first language other than English or live in a home where English is not the primary language; live or attend high school in an under-resourced community; or live in a geographically underrepresented community.
Application Process & Timeline
Application deadline: February 1
To be considered for the program, students should complete the Common Application for admission to the university, the FAFSA, and the online ILAPS application by February 1.
Notification date: By April 15
Please note that admissions decisions and initial financial aid awards will be sent out before scholarship decisions are made. In the event that a student is selected for the program, a new financial aid award will be generated and will replace the initial award that was given to the student.
Award renewal is contingent upon achieving a 3.0 GPA or demonstrating satisfactory progress towards it, and persistence in the program.
For more information about the ILA Program, contact email@example.com.
For more information about the application process and timeline, contact the Office of Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org.