Intercultural Leadership Ambassador Program and Scholarship (ILAPS)
About the Program
Each year, RWU recognizes, rewards and celebrates a diverse group of students, who have demonstrated academic achievement, leadership and positive contributions to their communities through a selective scholarship program. The program includes a scholarship of over $30,000 for four consecutive years of undergraduate study in addition to a co-curricular program which seeks to provide mentorship and academic support while furthering the holistic and leadership growth of recipients throughout their time at RWU.
Program Benefits & Components
- Renewable scholarship valued at 95% of tuition
- Mentoring by faculty, staff, and upper-class ILA students
- Academic advising and workshops
- Professional and career development opportunities
- Cohort and group team building
Eligibility & Requirements
To qualify for ILAPS, students must achieve all 4 of the following criteria in addition to being admitted to the University:
- Show academic proficiency, achieving a minimum of a 2.8 GPA
- Be eligible for need-based financial aid & qualify for the Pell Grant or show significant financial need
DACA students should contact the Office of Admission for more information
- Demonstrate leadership in their high school or local community or show leadership potential
- AND one of the following: Be a first generation college student; speak a first language other than English or live in a home where English is not the primary language; live or attend high school in an under-resourced community; or live in a geographically underrepresented community.
Notification date: By April 1
Please note that admissions decisions and initial financial aid awards will be sent out before scholarship decisions are made. In the event that a student is selected for the program, a new financial aid award will be generated and will replace the initial award that was given to the student.
Award renewal is contingent upon achieving a 2.8 GPA or demonstrating satisfactory progress towards it, and persistence in the program.
For more information about the ILA Program, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about the application process and timeline, contact the Office of Admissions at email@example.com.