Public Management

When you study Public Management at RWU, you’ll gain the foundational knowledge to become a manager in the public sector. The program offers classes in a range of areas, from ethics and public law to grant writing and program evaluations. Whether you earn this certificate on its own or as part of the Master of Public Administration (MPA) degree, you’ll develop the values of accountability, transparency, ethics, privacy and participation that are core to any government or nonprofit career.

Public Management

Click to Open

The Public Management certificate provides students with foundational knowledge for managing in the public sector in areas of personnel administration, budgeting, grant writing, ethics, governmental policy, law, and more. Students may earn the Public Management certificate as a standalone credential or as part of the Master of Public Administration (MPA) degree.

Required courses (15 credits)

PA501Foundations of Public Administration: Legal and Institutional 
- Plus four of the following -
PA512Intergovernmental Relations 
PA513Public Administration and Public Law 
PA514Urban Administration and Management 
PA515Ethics in Public Administration 
PA516Grant Writing and Management 
PA517Computer Applications for Public Managers 
PA518Program Evaluation 
PA530Special Topics in Public Administration 

Application Requirements

Applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university in order to be eligible for Graduate Certificate Admission.

Other admission requirements are:

  1. Application Form
  2. Official transcripts for all previous undergraduate and graduate work
  3. All University required fees