CTLS is building a collection of books on teaching that are available on loan to RWU faculty. Stay tuned for a list of titles. Here are a couple to get you started:
- Fink, Dee. (2013). Creating Significant Learning Experiences. San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass
- Mazur, Eric. (1997) Peer Instruction: A User's Manual. Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice-Hall
Many books are also available RWU library. Join the Pedagogy Reading Group to discuss more titles!
Chronicle of Higher Education (note RWU has a subscription) Weekly news and job information source for higher education
Open Educational Resources developed by Sue McMullen from the RWU Library
Teaching and Learning Content Creation Tools and Content Collections
Note that if you have any favorite tools or strategies to add to this list please email them to Stephanie Hijazi at email@example.com.
Tutorials and narrated video demonstrations are available for all enterprise-level instructional applications.
Additional Instructional Technologies
Can't access the site? Don't see the tutorial you need? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know. We will do our best to accommodate you.
LinkedIn Learning is a wonderful resource for learning almost any type of software application.
RWU has a site license to this library which offers more than 16,000 on-demand courses (business, creative, and tech) taught by real-world professionals that you (or your students) can access at any time. Check out this amazing resource.
The following books on assessment are recommended:
- Angelo, Thomas A. and Cross, K. Patricia. (1993). Classroom assessment techniques: A handbook for college teachers. San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass
- Bain, Ken. (2004). What the best college teachers do. Cambridge, MA : Harvard University Press.
- Feldman, Jerome A. and McPhee, Doug. (2008). The science of learning & the art of teaching. Clifton Park, NY : Thomson Delmar Learning.
- McKeachie, Wilbert James et al. (2006). 12th ed. McKeachie's teaching tips : strategies, research, and theory for college and university teachers. Boston, MA : Houghton Mifflin.
- Stevens, Dannelle D. and Levi, Antonia J. (2004). Introduction to rubrics:An assessment tool to save grading time. Sterling, VA: Stylus Publishing
- Suskie, Linda (2009). Assessing student learning: A common sense guide, 2d edition, San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass
- Walvoord, Barbara E. Fassler. (2010). Assessment clear and simple : a practical guide for institutions, departments, and general education. San Francisco, CA : Jossey-Bass
The National Academic Advising Association (NACADA) provides a wealth of resources for faculty interested in advising students. The Clearinghouse of Academic Advising Resources page features articles addressing more than 250 topics applicable to academic advising. The Clearinghouse also includes over 100 resource links pages organized by topic. These pages are made up of member suggested web links that connect readers to more than 30,000 relevant resources.
Check out the Roger Williams University Advising and Advocacy website
Have questions? Contact the RWU Center for Student Academic Success