Multimedia Teaching ResourcesClick to Open
CSALT2 is building a collection of books on teaching that are available on loan to RWU faculty. Stay tuned for a list of titles. Here are a couple to get you started:
- Fink, Dee. (2013). Creating Significant Learning Experiences. San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass
- Mazur, Eric. (1997) Peer Instruction: A User's Manual. Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice-Hall
Chronicle of Higher Education (note RWU has a subscription) Weekly news and job information source for higher education
Magna Publications Video Collection on Teaching covering traditional, hybrid and fully online delivery methods
Check out our online subscriptions to these helpful videos on teaching. We subscribe to both the 20 Minute Mentor Series as well as the longer Magna Commons video collections. These videos are focused on teaching and are made by faculty for faculty.
To access your subscription:
- Go to http://www.magnapubs.com/
- Click on the orange Log in button in the top right corner
- If you have never logged in, click on the Forget your password link and type in your RWU e-mail address. you should then receive an email back from the system with a password
- Log in to the Magna website with your full RWU e-mail address and your password
- Click on My Subscriptions
- This will bring up links to both the 20 Minute Mentor series and the Magna Commons series
Open Educational Resources developed by Sue McMullen from the RWU Library
Teaching and Learning Content Creation Tools and Content Collections Note that if you have any favorite tools or strategies to add to this list please email them to Linda Beith at email@example.com.
Instructional Technologies TutorialsClick to Open
Tutorials including print-based and narrated video demonstrations are available for all enterprise-level instructional applications.Review these resourcescreated at RWU. Don't see the tutorial you need? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know. We'll create a tutorial for you.
Lynda.com is a wonderful resource for learning almost any type of software application. RWU has a site license to this library of over 4,000 narrated video tutorials that you (or your students) can access at any time. Check out this amazing resource.
Assessment ResourcesClick to Open
The following books on assessment are recommended:
- Angelo, Thomas A. and Cross, K. Patricia. (1993). Classroom assessment techniques: A handbook for college teachers. San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass
- Bain, Ken. (2004). What the best college teachers do. Cambridge, MA : Harvard University Press.
- Feldman, Jerome A. and McPhee, Doug. (2008). The science of learning & the art of teaching. Clifton Park, NY : Thomson Delmar Learning.
- McKeachie, Wilbert James et al. (2006). 12th ed. McKeachie's teaching tips : strategies, research, and theory for college and university teachers. Boston, MA : Houghton Mifflin.
- Stevens, Dannelle D. and Levi, Antonia J. (2004). Introduction to rubrics:An assessment tool to save grading time. Sterling, VA: Stylus Publishing
- Suskie, Linda (2009). Assessing student learning: A common sense guide, 2d edition, San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass
- Walvoord, Barbara E. Fassler. (2010). Assessment clear and simple : a practical guide for institutions, departments, and general education. San Francisco, CA : Jossey-Bass
Advising ResourcesClick to Open
The National Academic Advising Association (NACADA) provides a wealth of resources for faculty interested in advising students. The Clearinghouse of Academic Advising Resources page features articles addressing more than 250 topics applicable to academic advising. The Clearinghouse also includes over 100 resource links pages organized by topic. These pages are made up of member suggested web links that connect readers to more than 30,000 relevant resources.
Check out the Roger Williams University Advising and Advocacy website
Have questions? Contact the RWU Center for Student Academic Success