The RWU Speakers Bureau connects subject-matter experts from the Roger Williams community with high schools, organizations, clubs, and community centers that can benefit from a tailored presentation or workshop.
Speakers Bureau presenters are RWU faculty and staff who are passionate about their areas of expertise and love to speak on a wide range of topics such as college admission and financial aid, college success and preparation tips, and academic majors or career paths. Our presentations and workshops are offered at no cost to the organization, and can be scheduled at your school, business or organization, or talk to us about hosting you on our campus.
It is our goal to provide expert sessions to members of the greater community as one more way we can deepen our core purpose: to strengthen society through engaged teaching and learning.
We encourage you to explore our list of topics, but also let us know if you have other topic requests that we can try to accommodate. Have questions or need help identifying a speaker or topic? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are committed to delivering presentations that benefit your students and community. Please find below a representative list of presentations that we have currently developed, and can provide or adapt to meet the needs of your intended audience. If there is a topical need you have that is not listed below, please contact us!
Admission, Aid & Application WorkshopsClick to Open
- Navigating the College Search Process
- Application Tips & Tricks
- Mock Admission Committee
- Writing & College Essay Workshops (How to Write a Killer College Essay)
- Affording College: Understanding Financial Fit
- Applying for Aid: FAFSA Filing Workshop
- Moving Beyond Sticker Price
- The College Athlete Experience
Major and Career-Based PresentationsClick to Open
Provided across any of our academic programs
- Sample Session Preparing Students for College Engineering Programs
- What Are You Going to do with THAT major?
- Future Trends: Emerging Majors and Careers
- Bulletproofing Your Career: the Value of Liberal Arts and Professional Training
- A Day in the Life of _______ Major
- Is a college degree really worth it?