Open 4+1: Business Administration (M.B.A.)
Offered for undergraduate students at AACSB-accredited institutions with a major or minor in a business area, the Open 4+1 M.B.A. program provides a one-year path to earn your M.B.A. with an included internship and study abroad experience.
How it Works
During your final undergraduate year at your home institution, you will complete one course online in the spring semester with RWU at a significantly discounted rate. You will then complete your remaining coursework in just one year on campus at the RWU Providence Campus.
Undergraduates will apply to begin their graduate coursework with RWU in the summer term or fall semester following their senior year. All MBA courses will be completed in the fall and spring semesters, with a Roger's Review Workshop of core business concepts in August preceding the fall start.
Students with above a cumulative GPA of 3.3 or above in their undergraduate studies will be considered for exclusive scholarships as part of the 4+1 option. By pursuing a one-year M.B.A., you will also have the benefit of entering the work force a year sooner than most master's programs, allowing you to take advantage of an additional year of earning potential.
You should apply for the Open 4+1 M.B.A. program by the beginning of your final undergraduate semester at your home institution. Admission is only currently available to students pursuing an undergraduate degree or minor in a business discipline. For a complete application, please submit the following materials:
- Online application- Be sure to select the Open 4+1 option and apply for the term in which you intend to take your first online course with RWU (your first term of your final year of undergraduate study).
- Two letters of recommendation (academic or professional) - Provide the names and email addresses of your recommenders in the online application and they will receive a secure login to provide your letter directly in our system. Recommenders can also email their letters to us directly at email@example.com.
- Letter of intent - Upload your letter in the applicant portal after you have submitted your online application or email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Official college transcript(s) - You may upload an unofficial transcript during the application process, but an official transcript must be received directly from your undergraduate institution(s) prior to beginning your first class. Transcripts can be mailed to the Office of Graduate Admission, Roger Williams University, 1 Old Ferry Rd., Bristol, RI 02809, or submitted through official e-transcript services to email@example.com.
- GMAT or GRE scores - Students may be asked to take the GMAT or GRE in order to strengthen their case for admission. A request for a GMAT/ GRE waiver may be submitted as part of the application process. In general, applicants must possess at least a 3.2 cumulative GPA in order to be considered for this waiver. Beta Gamma Sigma members will receive automatic waivers of standardized testing requirements. The ETS School Code for Roger Williams University is 3729.
For full details on each requirement, visit our How to Apply page.
Preferred Application Deadlines
March 1st prior to the intended summer or fall start.