Baypoint Residence and Conference Center
The Baypoint Residence and Conference Center is primarily RWU’s sophomore-specific living area and combines a hotel living experience with university housing. It is located one mile over the Mt. Hope Bridge in Portsmouth and open to any returning student.
Living at Baypoint
- Baypoint Residence and Conference Center merges hotel-style living with the experience of university housing.
- A shuttle bus that runs about every 30-minutes between the hours of 7am and 2am on weekdays, and about every hour from 10:30am to 2am on the weekends.
- The Entire facility is Wi-Fi enabled, including the dining facility, all conference rooms, and our common spaces.
- Each room has double-sized beds.
- All rooms are carpeted, have individual heating and air conditioning controls and are equipped with data and cable TV ports. Each resident is provided one desk, one dresser and one built-in or movable closet.
- Each room has its own private bathroom, which is cleaned weekly by the housekeeping staff.
- Baypoint is RWUs only residence hall with its own dining and workout facilities. That means you can wake up, work out, and get breakfast or lunch without having to leave your residence hall. Baypoint dining features a restaurant-style menu; once you swipe in and order your meal it is then brought to you by one of our friendly dining staff members. The dining menu is also constantly changing as an attempt to continuously meet the needs and tastes of Baypoint residents.
- Common study space at Baypoint allows students a quiet place to study outside of their rooms.
- The common lounge space at Baypoint has a large screen TV, billiards, and foosball table.
- A laundry facility is located on the second floor of the building.
2017-2018 Undergraduate Housing Fees Rates
The staff of the Bayside Residence and Conference Center is comprised of one Coordinator of Residence Education (CORE), one Head Resident Assistant (HRA), and six Resident Assistants (RA). The Coordinator of Residence Education serves to oversee the day-to-day operation of the complex, including supervision of the residence hall staff. The six RAs live one-each per hallway of the Baypoint Inn and Conference Center.