AlcoholEdu and Sexual Assault Prevention
Dear New RWU Students,
Roger Williams University partners with EverFi, whose mission is to help students address critical life skills such as alcohol misuse prevention and sexual assault prevention in higher education institutions across the country. Each year over 500,000 students complete these courses.
As part of our comprehensive prevention program for new students, Roger Williams University expects you to complete 2 courses: AlcoholEdu (alcohol education) and Sexual Assault Prevention. These are two separate courses that empower you to make well-informed decisions about issues that affect your college years and beyond.
Completing both the AlcoholEdu Course and the Sexual Assault Prevention Course is required (due by Thursday, August 23) and you won't be able to start your semester without completing both. Any questions can be directed to Heidi Hartzell, Student Life at email@example.com. Your login directions and additional details are included in this communication.
Other Important Information:
- You will need Internet access and audio capabilities. Latest versions of Chrome, Firefox & Safari and Microsoft Internet Explorer 11+ are best.
- You can only take the courses on a desktop, laptop or tablet. The courses are not accessible via smartphone.
- When you start the course, have your RWU Student ID number handy to help you register.
- You may take the course(s) in multiple sittings. Please take your time learning from engaging with these research-backed courses. Do not log out until you hit the Next button or you will have to repeat the section.
- When you complete one course (either AlcoholEdu or Sexual Assault Prevention), you will receive a congratulations message. Make sure you then go to the main menu and complete the next course as well!
- The courses may include surveys to help personalize your experience and measure students’ attitudes and behaviors. All survey responses are confidential; the school will only receive information about the student body as a whole and will never see individual students’ answers.
- Each course takes about an hour to complete so make sure you take them well before RWU move-in weekend.
Thank you for your participation in these important educational and prevention efforts. Welcome to RWU!
Jen Stanley, Title IX Coordinator/Associate Dean
Donna Lynn Darmody, Director of Health Education
Heidi Hartzell, Student Life Compliance Manager/Deputy Title IX Coordinator