Campus Visit Resource Page: COVID-19 Precautions
Thank you for your interest in Roger Williams University!
We are taking precautions to ensure that our campus is a safe place for visitors and the RWU community.
Updates and any changes in schedule and/or procedures will be posted here. Please consult this page for the latest information and virtual content.
March 26, 2020: The Office of Admission plans to continue the suspension of on-campus visits through the end of April. Anyone currently signed up for a visit during that time will be registered for a virtual session on the same date and time. All others are welcome and encouraged to join us for a virtual information session and/or Q&A session by registering for the date and time that works best. Our admission staff will continue to work remotely during this time, as well, but continue to be readily available and happy to connect with you by phone, video meeting, or email.
Though there are no known cases of COVID-19 among any RWU community member at this time, the University recently made the decision to extend student spring break for an additional week (the week of March 15) to give our community the ability to prepare for online course delivery for a period of time. Therefore, admission visits and events are impacted as such:
- All of our Accepted Students Days have been canceled. Please visit our Admitted Students page for details and information about alternative campus and virtual visit opportunities.
- Out of concern for the safety of our visitors and all members of our community, we have made the decision to cancel our campus visit tours through April 6.
- Our April 19 Open House is canceled. We plan to reschedule if possible.
- Stay tuned: We will be offering a number of virtual opportunities for students and families to experience RWU during this time. Please check this website often for a listing of these virtual opportunities.
RWU has adopted the following additional precautions to maintain a healthy and safe campus environment:
- We discontinued the Florence, Italy, study abroad program on March 1, and arranged for all students to return to the U.S. to their homes (not to campus) and complete their coursework online.
- We canceled all University-sponsored international trips during spring break week (the week of March 8), and encouraged students to cancel any international travel that they had individually planned.
- We have shared information with students about what to do to stay healthy, and what to do if they suspect they are ill. We have protocols in place to work collaboratively with the Department of Health should anyone on campus be suspected of having the virus.
- We are in regular communication with the Rhode Island state Department of Health and are following all recommended guidelines.
- We have increased the cleaning frequency of all public spaces.
Visit Information and Resources
Click on the appropriate link below for specific and relevant information.