Intercultural Center Student Worker - Admissions & Recruitment
Intercultural Center Student Workers assist the Office Coordinator and other Diversity, Equity and Inclusion professional staff with a variety of tasks to ensure the daily operations of the Intercultural Center, the QTRAC (Queer & Trans Resource and Advocacy Center).
This position requires collaboration with the Admissions Department in training and recruitment efforts to promote the University to potential students as well as being an involved member of the Admissions Diversity Board.
Students in this role are responsible for welcoming guests and creating an inviting environment in our campus spaces. Students within this role are encouraged take part in conversations and activities about identity, diversity and social justice. Intercultural Center Student Workers should be culturally sensitive and understanding in order to help build a friendly and welcoming atmosphere.
- Assist with on-campus recruiting and fulfilment events, including but not limited to:◦Open Houses
- Accepted Students Days
- Junior Jumpstart
- Recruitment Overnights
- Attend and participate in Admissions Diversity Board meetings
- Attend and participate in Diversity/Admissions panels
- Assist DEI staff with planning programs and events
- Shifts in the physical center require:◦Greet all guests/students
- General office support (answering the phone, making photocopies, etc.)
- Run errands around campus
- Direct inquires to the appropriate staff
Special Skills Needed:
Good communication skills – both verbal and written; Excellent phone etiquette; Ability to multitask in a busy office setting; Desire to be involved in culturally based programs; Must be interested in and open to learning about other intersectional cultural identities.
Academic Major Preferred:
- •Business Administration
- •Communications & Media Studies
- •Educational Studies
- •Gender & Sexuality Studies
- •International Business
- •International Relations
- •Legal Studies
- •Political Science
- •Public Relations
- •Visual Arts
*Students are prohibited from driving during work-study employment with the limited exception of authorized work-study driver positions.
** All employees, including student employees, are required to participate in a short online training that will prepare you with the new protocols for working on campus. Please click on the following link to complete your training: http://rwu.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SVa4aBCUkcc7Vl7QF