Linden Place: Curatorial/Collections Assistant Work Study Position
Friends of Linden Place is a historic site and its mission is restoring and maintaining the property at 500 Hope Street and developing programs of use that will insure access and enhance the artistic, cultural, and educational life of the town, state, and nation.
Linden Place is seeking a work study student for the following:
- Answer the office telephone, directs calls, greets museum visitors, answers questions regarding Linden Place events and services and provides general office support to Linden Place staff.
- Assist in the creation and editing of press materials including press releases, posters, mailers and brochures in order to promote upcoming events and fundraisers at Linden Place.
- Distribute press materials to publications, on-line sources, social networking sites and local attractions.
- Follow up with publications to verify that materials have been received to ensure timely inclusion in newspapers, on-line calendars, magazines, etc. Continually updates changes in contacts at publications.
- Seek out new target audiences for promotional materials and advertising.
- Assist with overseeing and executing various events (lectures, concerts, fundraisers) including ticket sales, greeting guests, answering questions, troubleshooting and supporting Linden Place event staff.
- Assist Administrator with special marketing and Public Relations projects as needed.
- Assist with the regular maintenance of Linden Place website, Facebook site and Twitter accounts to reflect news and events at the museum.
If you have a work study award and would like to earn your award through this position, contact the Feinstein Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 401-254-3765.
*Students are prohibited from driving during work-study employment with the limited exception of authorized work-study driver positions.
**Only students who are fully vaccinated are permitted to work on-site. Unvaccinated students will be permitted to only work remotely.