Front Desk Attendant - Bristol Parks and Recreation Dept.
Under the supervision of the Director or Assistant Director of Bristol Parks & Recreation, the Front Desk Receptionist will handle daily program check-ins, financial transactions and financial reporting for the Bristol Parks & Recreation Department.
Reports To Director or Assistant Director of Bristol Parks & Recreation
- Greeting, welcoming and directing visitors in a professional, friendly and upbeat manner
- Checking in program participants using our Mind Body software
- Assist in program set up when needed
- Answer visitor’s inquiries about department activities, programs and services
- Monitors ingress and egress of building
- Answering incoming calls and directing calls to appropriate personnel
- Keeping front desk work area organized and tidy
- Keeping entrance area neat, clean and safe
- Updating promotional materials, printing and collating information as requested by Bristol Parks & Recreation staff
- As an employee, you are a representative of the Town of Bristol, and must greet and address the patrons and guests politely and properly, in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Handle transactions in a responsible way.
- Complete daily cash out, print report and lock up cash out in designated area
- Open/lock up building when shift requires
- Perform other duties as required to ensure a pleasurable experience for our program participants and visitors
- Excellent communication skills
- Be an energetic self-starter
- Able to work with multiple computer software (Outlook, Mind Body, Word, Excel)
- Ability to pass a BCI (police background check)
- Possess organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
- Proper attire when scheduled for a shift (neat and clean).
- Weekend and evening shifts as scheduled.
If you have a work study award and would like to earn your award through this position, contact the Feinstein Center at email@example.com or call 401-254-3765.
Starting Date: ASAP
*Students are prohibited from driving during work-study employment with the limited exception of authorized work-study driver positions.