The first step? Complete the appropriate forms – as early as possible to be eligible for maximum aid.
- Undergraduate freshman applicants who are requesting aid must submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) between October 1 and March 1. The FAFSA is available online at studentaid.gov. Our FAFSA code is 003410.
- Undergraduate transfer applicants who are requesting aid must submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) between October 1 and April 1. The FAFSA is available online at studentaid.gov. Our FAFSA code is 003410.
Here’s a quick timeline to help you get organized:
- October 1: The FAFSA is available online - and the sooner it is completed the better off you are (due by 3/1)
- Start looking at payment plans and external scholarship options
- Notification of acceptance and merit-based scholarship awards are sent to students who have applied Early Action
- Financial aid packages are mailed to all Early Action accepted students
- February 15: FAFSA is due for undergraduate freshmen students
- February 15: RWU application for regular decision admission is due
- Notification of acceptance and merit scholarship awards are sent to students who have applied Regular Decision
- Financial aid packages are mailed to all accepted students
- Regular Decision deadline extended to March 1
- April 1: FAFSA is due for undergraduate transfer students
- Work on payment options – tuition and room deposits are due on May 1
- Update FAFSA using IRS Data Retrieval Tool or submit Federal Tax Return Transcripts to Financial Aid office
- May 1: All financial Aid award letters must be signed and returned to RWU by this date
- May 1: Tuition deposit is due
- May 1: Room deposit is due
- Submit any parent Federal PLUS and other private loan applications according to application instructions
- Complete Master Promissory Note and entrance counseling
June, July and August:
- June 1: If you have opted for a tuition payment plan, payments begin on this date
- Finalize any additional outside funding options, celebrate your student’s high school graduation and enjoy the summer helping them get ready to go to RWU!
- Move in Day!