Studying abroad during the Winter, Summer or Spring Break sessions is an excellent introduction to life in another country and also serves as an alternative to those who do not have the flexibility to participate in semester study abroad programs.
Every year the roster of short-term faculty-led study abroad programs may change and is announced over the summer and fall of the academic year. We will post a roster of 2020 Short Term Programs once program approvals are finalized.
If you are interested, please contact or stop by the Spiegel Center for more information.
- RWU "Bridging the World" & "Global Engagement" SCHOLARSHIPS are available and should be filled out at the time of application.
- It is not guaranteed that each program will run every year.
- Requirements include a satisfactory GPA, judicial history and faculty leader approval. Additional requirements may apply.
- All information is subject to change.
FOR MORE DETAILED AND UPDATED PROGRAM INFORMATION AND TO APPLY, PLEASE VISIT THE RWU STUDY ABROAD PORTAL
Roger Williams University reserves the right to cancel Faculty-led programs offered during the academic year for insufficient enrollment or for any other reason. Should it prove necessary to do so the school will notify all registrants.
Scholarships for Faculty-led Short Term Programs
Students applying to RWU-sponsored short term study abroad programs are eligible to apply for the Bridging the World and Global Engagement Scholarships.
The Bridging the World Scholarship has 2 criteria for which scholarships can be awarded:
- Scholarship awards based on academic merit only
- Scholarships based on financial need and academic merit
The Global Engagement Scholarship is a need based scholarship only based on an the applicant's FAFSA score.
Students can obtain a scholarship fact sheet and application at the Spiegel Center for Global and International Programs.